These little rascals are some alright company, I suppose. I smiled to myself at the thought. I watch as they devour the mysterious food. It's hard to see down here, but I can make out the pup's happy faces chewing away. I let them eat before I do. I like to think of myself as the cell dad. I want to care for everyone before myself the best I can.

"Thanks, Mel!" One of the pups hugs me.

"You are quite welcome, little pup." I chuckled, patting their head once more.

That's probably the most excitement we get once a week. The rest of the time, it's just us sleeping the hours away because we're so weak and bored. I'd say there are about twenty or more of us down here. I lost count a while ago. But this is my life. I'm in the dark, hungry, bored, and always waiting for something. Anything.

Unknown POV

The pack follows the Alpha's lead as they enter the buffer zone. The buffer zone is usually an area between pack territories where the neighboring wolf packs hunt for food and often find safety. That doesn't mean they can let their guard down, though. 

The Alphas' bright blue eyes scan the clearing to find a resting place. They had been traveling since dawn yesterday. They were all so tired and desperately needed sleep. 

The jet-black wolf stops in its tracks, catching a delicious scent. His eyes glow with lust, and his body stiffens. His body tingles, and his fur stands up.

"Mate." He growls in the mind link to his pack. They begin to howl as their Alpha runs toward the scent, disappearing into the dense forest ahead. 

The second in command, the Beta wolf, instructs the other wolves to rest as he protects the pack while the Alpha is absent. They all bow and snuggle up to one another, trying to fall into a slumber.

Mel's POV

The pups and I sleep close together in a circle. It tends to get cold at night. I relaxed next to the shivering pups, letting my eyes close softly. I allowed myself to breathe in the night air through our tiny barred-up window that barely lets in any light.

 As I was slipping into a dream-like state, I heard hundreds of howls in the distance. I sprang up immediately, moving towards the window. I breathe in deeply, smelling unfamiliar scents. No doubt it's another Alpha and its entire pack. I frown. Why would a whole wolf pack be traveling at this hour? Not that I know what time it is, but I can tell it's nighttime. 

I took in another deep breath. The scent is sweet, like honey, and smokey, like a piece of maple bacon. I licked my lips, now thinking of bacon. I shook my head. My wolf weakly mutters something that I couldn't understand.

"What?" I whisper shout to myself.

"M-" 

My wolf doesn't have the chance to finish because a black wolf plunges out from the brush. The wolf lets out a low growl, sniffing the air for something. I grasp at the windows' bars, allowing the moonlight to illuminate my soft features. The wolf's large head snaps to the window, eyes glowing the lightest blue I've ever seen. The wolf bolts towards me, stopping suddenly in front of the window. The wolf frantically searches for a way to get to me, pawing at the industrial bars.

"There's no use. I'm locked in here with all the other Omegas." I sigh.

 The wolf's eyes reddened and seemed to snarl; I wince. The wolf's eyes fade back to blue, and it licks my hand as if to reassure me it's okay. The wolf gives me a look, and then it's gone.

"What was that about?" I question out loud to no one. My wolf finally sparks up enough energy to speak a comprehensible sentence.

"You idiot, that was our mate!" It grumbled.

"My... MY MATE?!" My eyes widened.

"He is here to talk to our 'Alpha.' " A huge smile crept onto my face and then fell.

" Wait. Did you say he? It's a guy?" I touch the hand the wolf had licked.

"Yes, Mel. He is here for us!" My wolf beamed. I have no problem with my mate being a male; I'm just shocked. How will my 'Alpha' react? Will he even let me leave with my mate?

"I just thought-" I paused at my last sentence.

"Melody, my precious child." 

Thinking of her sent a shiver down my spine. My mother loved me, but she did some damage. She tried raising me as her daughter because she didn't want a son. After she died, the Alpha realized I was an Omega and a boy, thus throwing me at the age of four in a cell. He would come down and use me as a punching bag. When I turned eighteen, he would take advantage of me at least once every other night. I whimpered, backing up from the window.

"I'm going to get out of here." I sniffled.

"WE'RE GOING TO GET OUT OF HERE."

------------------------------------

A/n:

So, I know this is short, but this is the first story I've published here.

(๑•﹏•) I've had several in the works since 2013. I just never felt brave enough to publish any! So here I am out in the open, ready for criticism and grammar correction. That is if anyone reads this. Ha, please go easy on me ミ●﹏☉ミ