Chapter Thirteen

Jughead POV

I woke up to the faint sound of crying I looked at the clock and saw it was 1:43am I sat up and looked over at Betty and saw her sound asleep I got out of bed and pulled a pair of plaid pyjama pants I walked out of the room and followed the faint sniffles to Islas room. I opened the door slowly and there was a light yellow glow that filled the room coming from the little princess lamp next to Isla bed where she was curled up in her blankets faintly crying.

"Isla?" I said softly walking over and sitting on her bed near her feet "Hi daddy."

"What's wrong?" I said rubbing her back to try calm her down.

"There was a monster and he was chasing me." She sniffling. "And when I have bad dreams I go to mommy's bed with her but your there so there's no room."

"I can always make room for my little princess. Come on." I said and she got out of her blankets and she put her arms out. I picked her up and turned her light off. I carried her to mine why she rested her head on my shoulder. I lay back down on my side with my back to Betty I lay Isla down in front of me and she cuddled into my chest I pulled the covers over us and wrapped my around her. I stayed awake until I saw she was sound asleep I brushed some hair out of her face and she snuggled closer to me I changed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Betty POV

I woke up and I had my back to Jughead I looked up at the clock and looked at the time was 9:21am I rolled over and saw Jughead had his back to me which is a little weird because he usually has his arms wrapped round me. So I wrapped my arms round him and I felt something in front of him it moved and I lifted my hand up off of it I sat up and looked at what it was and saw Isla was cuddles up to Jugheads chest and they were both sound asleep. I smiled and stood up I grabbed my phone and took a picture. Then I walked into the kitchen and started to make breakfast.

Jughead POV

I woke up to a heavy weight on my chest and what ever it was it was bouncing up and down. I opened my eyes and saw Isla sat on my chest smiling at me her hair was all messy and she was wearing her cartoon dog pyjamas.

"Daddy come on get up!" She said giggle.

"Morning princess." I said chuckling and she stopped jumping and sat still on my chest.

"Good morning sleep head."

"Where's your mommy gone?"

"She making pancakes that's why I woke up. I could smell the food." She said smiling I chuckled and pushed Isla gently off of me and she landed on the bed I stood up and Isla stood up on the bed.

"Daddy! That's not nice!" She shouted

"Well now I get to beat you and eat all the pancakes." I said pretending to start running but Isla jumped off of the bed.

"Daddy no!! Don't eat my pancakes!!!" She shouted and she ran out and ran past me into the living room. I walked out after her and I was chuckling.

"Whoa Isla why are you running?" Betty said chuckling Isla climbed up onto the stool at the breakfast bar.

"Daddy was going to eat my pancakes." She said crossing her arms and frowning.

"I was only joking. Don't worry." I said chuckling and Betty put a plate of pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup in front of Isla.

"Thank you mommy." Isla said and she started eating big mouth fulls. I chuckled and stood behind Betty and wrapped my arms around her.

"She's definitely your daughter." Betty said laughing.

"Oh you had doubts did you?" I said jokingly.

"Of course not!" She said turning round and wrapped her arms round me "She's One billion trillion percent yours. You know I've only ever slept with you." She said kissing me softly.

"I know." I said and I kissed her passionately and she kissed back then we heard a little voice speak.

"Daddy! Stop kissing mommy! You'll make me sick on my pancakes!!" Isla said I pulled away from Betty and chuckled I gave her one last peak on the lips. I sat down on a stool next to Isla ans leaned over and kissed her cheek "Sorry Isla." I said chuckling Betty gave me a plate of pancakes then she sat on the other side of Isla and we all ate breakfast.

A few hours later me, Betty and Isla were all sat on the couch. Betty was sat next to me and Isla was sat in the other side with her head on my lap. We were all watching a movie. I turned to Betty and kissed her cheek.

"What was that for?" She said looking at me smiling.

"I wanted to ask you something and I don't want to disturb Isla she's enjoying the film." I said whispering.

"What is it?" She said whispering.

"I want to take you on a date. A fancy date. Like where you wear a nice dress and I wear a suit and we go to a nice restaurant and we eat nice slightly to expensive food and talk." I whispered looking at her.

"What's the special occasion?"

"Nothing it's just I was thinking about us dating when we were in high school and we only really went to Pop and we went to the movies a couple times but that's about it so.....I just want to take you out somewhere." I whispered to her.

"I'd have to get a sitter for Isla." She whispered.

"It's ok if you don't want to it was just a suggestion."

"No no no. I want to go. I can see if Veronica could watch Isla for the night."

"Ok. How about Tuesday?" I whispered

"I can call Ronnie later." She whispered and she kissed me softly and rested her head back on my shoulder. I tilted my head and rested my head on hers. Why I gently ran my hands threw Islas hair.