Chapter One

Betty POV

It was 5:30am and my alarm was going off. I rolled over and turned it off then got out off bed. I quickly got changed before walking into the kitchen of my small apartment and started making some coffee I turned on the coffee maker and got the cereal of the top of the fridge and go the milk and a bowl out and a spoon then placed them on the side. I poured a cup off coffee and started to sip it. Then the pitter patter of tiny feet got louder and louder then Isla turned the corner with her black wavy all messy with her princess pyjamas on. Her hair was much like Jughead and sometimes she reminds me of him with her love of reading movies and how much food she can eat.

"Morning Isla."

"Morning Mommy" She says rubbing her eyes and sitting at the breakfast bar. I smile at her and pour her some and me some cereal. We sit and enjoy our breakfast why Isla tells me some made up story which always makes me laugh.

After breakfast I get her dressed and brush her hair and then I get ready and take her to preschool before walking to the coffee shop I work at. I walk into the coffee shop and walk behind the the counter and grab my apron and put it on. Then Ethan comes round from the back.

"Hey Betty." He says standing leaning on the counter next to me "So I was thinking me you and Isla could watch a movie together tonight i could bring popcorn and maybe order a pizza?"

"Yeah that sounds great." I say giving him a peak on the lips we've been dating for about a year now. After about 3 years of waiting for Jughead to turn up I gave up on any hope of him showing up again so I started going out with Ethan. We're taking things slow. Like really really slow we've only kissed and held hands and that's about it and we only said we loved each other last week. Isla knows Ethan isn't her dad and I really do want her to have a relationship with Jughead but in 4 years I've only ever got text from him for about a week after I left then I got a new phone. About 2 years ago Veronica and Fangs moved here with there son Tom and they said the last they saw of Jughead he got arrested about a year after I left and they haven't seen or heard from him since so I've give up all hope of him ever becoming a responsible farther to Isla and I will one day have to explain to her why her dad isn't around.

I turned around and walked over to the door to open the coffee shop then I walking back over to the counter and started to work. After my shift I said goodbye to Ethan and told him to text me when he was on his way round. I walked to Isla's preschool and picked her up. Then we walked back to the apartment me and Isla sat in the couch playing with her stuffed animal when she said "mommy?"

"Yeah."

"Will my daddy come back soon?"

I just look at her hopefully face and give her a sad smile and say "Isla. We've talked about this. When you where very little your daddy got sick and he can't come back till he's better."

"I know. When I grow up I'm going to be a doctor. So I can make daddy better and then maybe he could go to the daddy dance with me." She says sadly

"What do you mean daddy dance." I say confused

"Well at preschool there having a daddy daughter dance an I want to go but...I've got no one to go with."

"Why don't you ask Ethan? He may not be your daddy but I'm sure he'll be happy to take you?"

"No I don't want Ethan to go I want MY daddy to go. I wish he was better."

"Me to Isla. Me to." I say with a sad smile we sit and watch Tv on the couch for a while until I got a text from Ethan to say he was on his way then a few minutes later he knocked on the door and I let him in. He ordered the pizza and all 3 of us where sat in the couch watching a movie when there was a knock on the apartment door and Ethan went to get it but I stopped him and told him I was going to get it. I got up and walked over to the door opened it expecting it to be the pizza delivery guy but who stood there shocked me.

"Hey Betts." He said with a slight smile