Chapter 13

It wasn't until the car finally left its parking spot in front of my house til I felt that the night had really begun. We spent the whole ride talking about random things while I occasionally teased him and he frequently flirted with me. None of us were complaining though.

Once he parked the car at the cinema I finally asked a question that has been bugging me, "So what are we going to watch?"

"Well, I actually wanted you to choose a movie. Know of any new releases you want to check out?"

I thought for a moment before grinning once I found the perfect movie. "The kissing booth."

(A/N: I see that it's only a Netflix movie but I realized that AFTER I wrote the whole chapter so please go with it hehe)

Elijah chuckled as he looked at me, "I honestly saw that one coming. Come on let's go inside."

He got out of the car and walked to my side so he could help me out.

"Such a gentleman," I teased.

"Were you doubting that?"

"Just a little bit."

He just shook his head, his lips tugging up in a smile. He then edged his hand towards mine, until I felt his fingertips brush my hand. I blushed slightly before unfurling my fingers and letting his slip around mine til I could feel the warmth of his palm pressed against my own. 

We made our way inside. After a never ending debate, the first I ever lose, Elijah ended up paying for our tickets and the snacks. We entered the cinema room and took our seats at the back. We literally finished half the snacks through all the trailers and advertisements they first played.

Once the movie started, my whole focus was on the screen. My hand was reaching into the bag of popcorn on my lap until I felt something blocking my way. I frowned and looked away from the screen for the first time since the movie began and saw Elijah stealing popcorn from my bag! How dare he!

I looked at him and saw him smirking. "That was the only way to get you to pay some attention to your date."

I returned his smirk then said, "Oh so this is a date? Not just a 'hang out'." That made him shut up and allow me to continue the movie in peace. "Ten points Jasmine," I mumbled to myself proudly. I'll probably reach a hundred by the end of the day.

Now let me tell you, this movie was FILLED with kissing scenes. I could feel Elijah's intense gaze on me with every few seconds. I turned my head towards him slowly and looked into his piercing blue eyes. Even in the dark, they shone so brightly. His hand gently reached up to cup my cheek as he leaned in and I felt my breath getting caught up in my throat. I slowly closed my eyes as his warm breath caressed my now heated face. Just a few seconds later and I felt his soft lips press against... the corner of my mouth?!! My eyes instantly shot open and I was met with a smirking and very amused Elijah. That jerk!