food fights?

"Hey newbie." She smirked. Her voice was smooth and easy going, as if she had no care in the world. "I'm Missy."

"Phoenix." I said proud that I didn't stutter, and had somehow stopped sweating.

"Was that you who made our teacher go all red faced and flustered?" She asked, with a glint in her eye. The bad thing was that I knew that glint all too well. It was the look of scheming, that got me in trouble far too many times back home. Although I wanted to bask in that look and wear one myself, I had to remind myself that I was at this high school on a scholar ship, and that I can't screw this up.

"You could say that." I smiled innocently. "Whether it was an accident or not though wouldn't matter. Chaos and trouble seems to find me wherever I go. And in this case, it followed me all the way here."

Missy looked me over again, with curiosity filling her eyes. She couldn't figure me out, and in many ways, that was my plan. I was the master of figuring people out, and in most cases I can. It was quite easy to figure out Missy.

She was probably a big trouble maker at this school and steered clear of all the rich preppy kids, which unfortunately was most of the kids here. She seemed to be wealthy but also looked like the type that didn't really care if she was or not. She was most likely forced here against her will, and does everything she can to piss of her parents and the school.

After talking for about 20 minutes, I found out that I was pretty accurate. Except for the fact that it was quite easy for her to piss of the school and her parents at the same time, as her dad was the school principal. That also apparently led to people not talking to her.

Throughout the class no teacher showed up, which I was quite relieved about. No teacher, meant no new kid introductions. And no new kid introductions, meant a happy Phoenix.

For the whole class, Missy and I talked and actually got a long really well. It was kind of scary how many similarities we had. By the end of class, she made me swear that I would have lunch with her -though I would've anyways- and said she'd find me. With those final words the bell rang, and everyone left the classroom in a hurry. Whether it was to get to next class or because they were bored out of their minds? We'll never know.

I slowly packed up my stuff, dreading the rest of the day.

The only thing keeping me from running out of the school right now, was the fact that I now had hope, due to my new friend, that I wouldn't be entirely alone.

*****

I squeezed through the many people crowding the halls, in an attempt to get to my locker. The lunch bell had finally rung, and everyone decided to jam up the middle of the hallway.

At least I know something's don't change, regardless of where you are.

When I finally got to my locker, Missy was leaning against it with a smirk on her face. Beside, was a frustrated looking Kandi. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and her face was slightly pink. It was kind of a funny sight. Missy casually had her leg against her locker, keeping Kandi from getting in, despite what looked like her best attempts. When I got closer Missy slid herself off I'm my locker and onto Kandi's, further preventing her from getting whatever she needed.

"Hey Phoenix." Missy said with an easy going smile. Kandi snapped her gaze toward me, and began glaring even harder.

"Hey Missy, i love your new locker." I laughed softly, in an attempt to piss off the 'queen' even more.

"Oh yea! It's really quite comfortable, you kn-" Missy continued only to be cut off.

"Newbie" a voice that I now knew too well, grumbled from beside me. "Get your psychotic friend, off my locker!"