Prologue

Life is, will be, and can be shitty. But it's life. You take the punches it throws at you and you roll with it. I had to learn that the hard way. I live in the not so good parts of Toronto Ontario, but that doesn't mean I'm not good. I'm a straight b+ student, I am in lots of clubs, I have a job, I volunteer at the old age Home, and I take care of my little brother. It sounds like a lot..... and it is. But you learn to manage it overtime.

My parents are around and they're good, well as good as busy parents can be. They work most of the time, so that's why when I got my acceptance letter to the overseas high school, I was ecstatic and guilty.

1) I get to go far away and fulfill my dreams and travel, but 2) I'm leaving my mess of a family behind.

I stood in the doorway of my room looking at how empty it looked. All of my clothes were in my bag, and I stripped my bed and threw stuff from my desk and nightstand into a box that I'm bringing with me to my new high school.

The night before I had gone out to party and hang out with my friends for the last time, in well, a long time. Being with them was fun, but it wasn't crazy fun like usual. The sadness of me leaving loomed over all of us and we ended up ditching the party and going to McDonald's instead.

I think that was more fun.

I quickly swiped at my eyes, wiping away a stray tear. I know I'm not leaving forever, but I am leaving what I have known My whole life.

The only things I've ever known. What if I don't make it there? What if no one likes me? And as these thoughts started filling my mind, I quickly pushed them away. I grabbed all my bags and headed downstairs where my family sat waiting for me.

I ran to them and hugged them all tightly telling them I'd call all of the time, and not to worry about me and that they'll see me in no time. I promised my 13 year old brother that we'd play fortnite when I got back and that i would binge watch Gilmore girls with my mom, and watch sports with my dad.

After a half an hour of promises and hugs, a car honked outside and I knew that my taxi had arrived. the tiny yellow taxi takes me to Pearson airport, where I finally leave behind my family, friends, life, and world for a whole new start.

One that will be a roller coaster ride.

*please note that in this story, some of the stuff -like places- will be made up as I do not know all the things in different places, and I also enjoy making my own places, things, etc.. but regardless, I hope you all enjoy the story!!!