All Hail The Queen Of B****iness

I've never been the type of person who gets nervous on the first day of school, or when you're going to a new place. None of that ever mattered. Well it didn't matter until now. Maybe I'm overreacting, and maybe all of those years of never being nervous are catching up to me. All I know, is that I'm a nervous wreck right now. My palms are cold but sweaty, my heart is racing fast, and my stomach is in knots.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually regretting my decision. You see, I used to live in good old Canada where the summer was too hot, and the winter was freezing thanks to global warming. Now, I'm walking down the hall of one of the most prestigious schools in England. 'Motts Private School' (aka Academy For the Extremely talented) was a dream that I'd never thought would come true. But here I am, on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

The older boy in front of me, looks back and smiles at me. The boy, who introduced himself as Tom, leads me through the halls that I know I will get lost in. For the past 10 minutes, he has been explaining everything, but I've been zoned out. I sheepishly smile back, not knowing what he said. Tom chuckles under his breath, and gives me a huge breath taking smile.

"I asked you what you're here for?" He says, staring at the ground with his beautiful brown eyes .

"Oh." I laugh. "I'm here for writing and music." I say, rubbing my hand on my skirt to wipe off the sweat.

"Wow, I wish I was talented with words. I just got stuck here so I could learn how to run a business properly." He replies, making me smile.

"So you're a rich boy, huh?" I ask, teasing him. Tom lets out a laugh and nods his head.

"I guess I am." We walk in silence for a few minutes, until we reach an area filled with apartments, a huge park where students were studying or playing sports, a coffee shop and a few other small shops.

I look around me in awe. It all looked so beautiful, and like the perfect community. Everyone around me looked content with what they had here, and as much as I hate to say it, I am too. Back in Canada I had a pretty good life. I was born and raised in Toronto, where I always had something to do. Sure I lived in the not so great parts of town, with not so good friends, but at least I had that stuff. Comparing my home back in Toronto to here, would be like comparing a dumpster to the White House , and let's just say that my house was the dumpster.

Eventually we came to a stop in front of apartment 519. Tom quickly handed me the keys and told me that he would see me around. During our walk, I found out a lot about him. One is that Tom was doing his 'victory lap' or grade 13. Whichever you want to call it. I didn't even know they still did those.

I stood, staring at my door for a minute or two, before the nervousness washed away and was replaced by excitement. I quickly opened the door, and stared in shock at how amazing the apartment was. I had a huge living room that had sliding doors to a huge balcony, I had a kitchen and dining room, along with a huge washroom, and the perfect sized bedroom that also led onto the balcony, and had a walk in closet. The room was beautifully decorated with the colours black, grey, white, and purple. Everything felt like a dream in that moment as I looked around with wide eyes.

After staring for about a half an hour, I decided that it was time to unpack all my bags and boxes that were already in my room.

******

I jumped up at the sound of thuds, and loud rock music. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

I guess I fell asleep then. Good thing my classes don't start till Friday, which gives me 3 days to do whatever.

I shook my head to focus. I've been told that my brain wanders a lot.

The music and thuds started to get louder as I walked around the apartment, trying to find out where on earth the noise could be coming from. And that's when I realized that this was coming from upstairs. Why on earth do people have to be so inconsiderate of others? And why does nobody else hear this ruckus that is clearly very loud.

In my state of annoyance, I tie my wavy brown hair into a bun, and slip into my black pair of converse. I debated changing out of my skirt and black sweater and into something else, but the loud noise flooded my mind of any other thoughts. Somebody needs to tell this person to shut up! And if not me, then who?

I fast walked to the elevator and clicked the sixth button, which is the top floor. I think that's what I like about these apartments, they aren't very tall. I stand in the elevator for a few minutes, until I realized that it's not moving. After hitting the button a couple of hundred times, I notice a board on the side of the elevator that is slightly lifted. Of course, curiosity got the best of me, and I opened to board only to find a key pad.

Bingo!

So what the hell could the password be?

1234

Incorrect Passcode

5678

Incorrect Passcode

1357

Incorrect Passcode

****

Correct Passcode

Who knew that, the star/pound symbol could be used as a Passcode?

The elevator jolted upwards, making me stumble slightly. After quickly pushing the board back over the keypad, the elevator doors slide open, and reveal a glorious pent house that takes up a whole floor. My jaw drops in shock as I take everything in.

The elevator door shuts behind me with a ding as I step out of it. Whoever lives up here must be hella rich. Everything was either black, navy, or dark grey, except for the floors which were hard wood. There was a huge living room, a kitchen and dining room, and five different halls leading to different areas. Now I'm either totally stupid or totally stupid, because I continued to walk further into the home, admiring everything there. Just as I was about to touch the beautiful black L shaped couch, a throat being cleared makes me jump, and pull my arm quickly to my chest. I spin around only to come face to face with a beautiful girl, with flaming red hair, dark brown eyes, fading freckles, and an almost Kardashian looking body .

My eyes widened a fraction at how much everyone I've seen so far looks like a model. It's completely different from what I'm used to.

Just as my mind starts to wander off, the girl opened her bright pink lips, and starts to talk.

"Who the hell are you?" She snarls, making me grimace in surprise. I pull my arms to my side and squeeze my hands into fists.

I wanted so badly to say something rude and sassy, but then again this is her apartment.

"Sorry, I...I... I'm new and was looking around the apartment and the floors. So, I pressed number 6 and it took me up here because I heard music, and I just got so caught up on how beautiful this apartment is. I'm sorry for entering your home." I say quickly, desperately wanting to leave

"You should be!" She says glaring. The music suddenly stops, and the apartment becomes deathly quiet. "Listen, you're new here, so let me tell you a few things. I am the Queen Bee at this school, and what I say goes. There are no exceptions. Make one wrong move here, and I'll have you out of this school in the blink of an eye."

We stare at each other for a few minutes, before she blinks and turns to look at her perfectly manicured nails.

"Get out". She growls.

With that, I march my way into the elevator and press floor number 5. As the doors begin the close, I say something that makes her whip he head towards me and glare.

"All hail the queen of bitchiness."

So that is officially chapter 1, hope you all enjoyed that!!!!!

Updates will be every Friday, and sometimes another in a week at some point in time.

Anyways comment your opinions, because I'd love to improve
and would enjoy hearing your suggestions!!