Chapter 30

"Jacqueline, we have news." I hear her say on the other end. "Well what is it?" I urge.

"The hospital called and it turns out Grace is going to be able to come home tomorrow." She replies.

My eyes lit up, my little sister is finally coming home.

A huge smile spread across my face. "We will talk details at dinner." My mom added over the phone. "Okay, sounds good." I cheered and hung up.

"What was that about?" Gabe asked, confused. "Grace is coming home tomorrow!" I excitedly said, smile still across my face.

"That's awesome." He replied, looking at me quickly and then back to the road. "Wait, we just saw her though..she's still in pretty bad shape."

"Yeah. She was, but she is getting better and better everyday and that's all that matters. She's probably still mad at me and thinks I pushed her but I don't care about all that anymore." I sighed. "I'm just glad she's coming back and I hope she fully recovers soon." I smiled.

Gabe flashed me a pearly white smile in response. Fully showing his dimples. I had never fully seen him grin like that before. It was such a nice smile.

He should smile more often.

We quickly arrived back in the school parking lot where my car was located. There was still a couple of cars here since the football team was practicing today.

"Thanks for everything Gabriel." I said as I got out of his sports car. "Hey." He called and jumped out of his car as well.

I turned around. "Yeah?"

Gabe was leaning against his car. "Don't let anyone bring you down. Keep your head up, alright." He said as he gave me a reassuring half smile.

I couldn't help but smile at his words. "I'll try." I let out a laugh. "See you at school tomorrow." I added and continued to walk to my car.

---

"I'm home." I called out to my mom who was in the kitchen making dinner. "How was school." She said as she looked up from cutting vegetables.

"Yeah, how was school?" I heard Adam say from behind me as he entered the kitchen, making himself comfortable on the bar stool.

He shot me a smug look, knowing what he meant by that.

"It was fine as usual..." I glared at him. Mom wasn't paying much attention to us since she was transferring the carrots to a large pot on the stove.

"Explain 'fine' would you?" He continued, still with a smug look across his face.

I narrowed my brows at him. He really has turned into a jerk.

I miss the old Adam.

"Fine as in I found out I passed my English test with flying colors." I smirked.

"What English test?" He raised an eyebrow.

The phone began to ring and my mother left the kitchen to answer it.

It was only my brother and I left in the kitchen..

"Oh you know, the English test we took a couple of days ago- oh wait. You wouldn't know because that was the day you SKIPPED to be with my backstabber of a 'bestfriend'. You remember.." I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

His nostrils flared as he gave me the same, dirty look he saves for Gabriel.

Well don't I feel the sibling love.

"Listen." He looks around for my mom and sees she's still away. He then brings his face close to mine. "You don't snitch on me and I won't snitch on you. Got it?" He rudely said.