Playing Cupid

Mulai dari awal

"Princess!" Simon cries squishing the princess as she appears, except he holds her much gentler which is a both an insult and a relief. "Please Simon, try to restrain yourself." She pushes him away helping Megaman up as I pick Dark up off the floor. "My humblest apologies Princess." Simon bows respectfully. The Princess just shakes her head and smiles. "It's alright Simon," She reassures him kindly, laying a hand a hand on his shoulder, "I'm just glad the N team is all back together again."
[Not gonna lie, I kinda struggled writing this part seeing as I didn't really like the princess that much, but since this is all in Pit's pov I have to write respectfully towards her-]

"But Princess, What about Kevin-icus and Duke?" I ask her. Everyone but Dark looks away from me nervously, worrying me more than I can describe with words. "What?" I ask them, repeating myself when none of them answered. "What!?" Is this why Megaman and Dark looked at each other strangely before we left? But if it were then Dark would be just as nervous as the others, so why am I the only one who seems worried??

"You see.." The Princess begins softly, speaking to me comfortingly like some child. "None of us have seen Kevin since the last meeting we had here.." The last meeting? But that was over 20 years ago.. Simon nods, looking at me sadly. "And as for Duke.." they all exchange glances before Simon grabs my shoulder and continues. "I'm sorry to say Kid, but.. Duke is no longer with us.."

"WhAT!?" I cry out, Dark beside me gasping. Megaman pats me sympathetically. "I'm sorry," he apologizes, "I should of told you sooner, but I knew you wanted to focus on Smash Brother's and all.. I just didn't want to upset you.." I nod although my eyes are filled with tears. Before saying anything.. it dawns on me. "DARK." I shout grabbing onto his shoulders and holding him tightly. "IF DUKE IS DEAD AND DUKE'S A DOG DOES THAT MEAN DUCKHUNT WILL DIE ONE DAY TOO!??"

"Pit, pit calm down!" Dark tries to calm me down. "Of course not." The Princess shakes her head, "The only reason Duke died is because he wasn't from videoland. Since your friend Duckhunt is a videogame character he should be fine, only those who come from reality have limited life spans.." she explains. Which is semi-relieving, at least Duckhunt isn't dying anytime soon. "Ok.." I sigh relieved, still sad about Duke though..

[Time skip to around 8:00pm because I have plans.. which is the only reason I added Captain N into this story..]

"Here," The Princess looks around as we enter her bedroom, "I asked for some others to join us, but.."

.. others?

"Ah, here they are." The Princess smiles, all of us turn to see the arrivals. Both Zelda and Peach enter the room, laughing together about something. "Hey guys!" I smile at them and wave. They both don't answer at first but when they do Zelda gives me a smirk... which is terrifying.. what's going on? Before I can ask Dark what he thinks somebody else walks in.

At first I don't believe it, this a trick right? Why is life a pain? I think to myself as Link steps through the door. We make eye contact for a second and he smiles. "Hey." He greets someone, probably but hopefully not me. I look around to see if he means anyone else but Megaman and all the princesses are just trying not to laugh while Simon lectures Dark about not being emo. "H-hey.." I turn back and answer Link with an unfortunate stutter. He laughs that beautiful laugh of his and his blue eyes sparkle brighter than view of the sun from Skyworld as we sit down to talk. "It's so crazy that we've none each other this long, huh?" Link asks as I answer with a nod. My face flushes because I think to myself, no-one has ever told me this. Link and I both had our first games released on the same year, but while his blew up I was always his shadow, never amounting to anything like him. Hearing him say things like that can be.. kinda nice. It gives me this weirdly warm and safe feeling that I've never felt around anyone before.

"Pit?" He waves a hand in front of my face, smiling as I blink back into reality. "Oh, sorry." I apologize, "Did I space out?" "Yeah," He turns away to where I can't see his face but there's a small bit of pink on the tip of his ears. "It's kinda cu-" He looks back at me and messes with his cap nervously, "Cool, cool, I meant it's cool. I.. I do that too." He chuckles.

My body is stiff and I think my heart is too, what does this mean, I'm getting mixed signals?! "Nice." I reply like an idiot, noting to slap myself for this later. After an akward minute or two Link half smiles and looks behind me, "So.. You brought your brother along?" "Yes." I smile, both inside and outside. Thank you Dark for being a conversation starter! "Shadow Link isn't with you?" I ask, immediately regreting it because now it sounds like I'm judging him, dang it. "No, Invited him but he said this.. wasn't his kind of thing.." He answered, not offended which Is great. "It's funny," he keeps talking, "DL's always been more of a lone wolf even though he is my shadow." "Tell me about," I continue the conversation which I am considering a big win for me, "Ever since we first met Dark has changed a lot. The less I patronized him the more open he got, I guess." I turn around to smile at my twin warmly, but stop once he smiles back. His smile isn't as nice, It's the same scary one from before so I'm wondering what he's up to because this is honestly concerning.

"Speaking of DL," Link speaks as I look back at him. "I never did get him to apologize to you." "It's fine." I shake my head, wondering why he'd want Shadow Link to apologize. "He doesn't have to.. I should watch where I'm going next time-" oh boy, the awkwardness has settled again and apparently so has my blush, why is he so nice??

"Hey guys." Dark walks over to to us, rescuing me. "Hey." Me and Link answer simultaneously which is ironic because that's Dark and I's thing. "What's going on?" Link asks him nicely. Before Dark answers he flashes me this smile, just like before. "Oh, The others just told me that Samus was arriving and they wanted you two to get her." Holy- I KNOW WHAT HE'S UP TO!

"Why us both??" I us both I ask Dark, hoping to catch him in a lie. "Because," He unfortunately has an explanation, "You two know her the best and if you stick close together you would find her easier. "Makes sense." Link smiles, standing up and holding his hand out to me. "You coming?" He asks as I nod and use his hand hand to pull myself up.

Ok, ok do not panic. I think to myself as I make my way downstairs with none other than my crush. This moment is so tense, we're right next to each other, side by side.. until something hits me in the back, shoving my face into someone I can't see with my eyes closed.