The Trapdoor

Clarissa's P.O.V

        When we got back to the common room, Ron was sleeping. Obviously he fell asleep waiting for us to arrive.

        "We've got to wake him up." Harry said.

        "Go ahead, I'll go get a cup of water." I answered.

        "Why? Is it that hard to wake him up?" Harry asked.

        I was confused for a moment, but then I got what he meant.

        "Oh, no. I was just thirsty, that's all. But if you're going to wake him up, tell him that Victor Krum got the snitch." I said smiling, and then went to get a cup of water.

        When I got back, Ron was awake and Harry was pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace.

        "So ... anything that you were suppose to tell us?" Ron asked, awkwardly. I don't blame him, the tension in this room was building up rather quickly minute by minute. Just tearing anything in their path, thankfully Ron's voice was able to save us from the fate of having to suffer from tense atmosphere.

        "Oh, well Snape wants the stone for Voldemort ... and Voldemort's waiting in the Forest ... and all this time we thought Snape just wanted to get rich ..."

        "Stop saying that name!" Ron whispered.

        But Harry wasn't listening, unfortunately, and continued, "Firenze saved me and Clarissa, but he shouldn't have done ... Bane was furious ... he was talking about interfering with what the planets say is going to happen ... they must show that Voldemort's coming back ... Bane thinks Firenze should have let Voldemort kill me and save Clarissa only ... I suppose that's written in the stars as well." Harry explained.

        "Will you stop saying the name?" Ron said hissing.

        "So all I've got to wait for now us Snape to steal the Stone, the Voldemort will be able to come and finish me off ... Well, I suppose Bane'll be happy." Harry said in grimace.

        Hermione said, disagreeing, "Harry, everyone say Dumbledore's the only one You-Know-Who was ever afraid of. With Dumbledore around, You-Know-Who won't touch you. Anyway, who says the centaurs are right? It sounds like fortune-telling to me, and Professor McGonagall says that's a very imprecise branch of magic."

        Then for a moment, nobody said anything. We were all thinking.

        I couldn't help but think, 'what would happen if Firenze had left Harry there to die? Would Harry still be here discussing these things with us? Would he have survived? What would've happened?'

        "C'mon, let's head back to our Dorms. We've got a big day ahead of us." Hermione reasoned, and we all headed up to bed.

*        *        *

        The next couple hours consists me trying to concentrate on doing the exams even though it was pretty much obvious that I was distracted. During my Transfiguration's Written examination, Professor McGonagall had to come over to me to ask if I was feeling alright. I was nearly sent to Madam Pomfrey.

        I knew I had to keep up my act, but I just couldn't. My mind kept on wandering into the Forbidden Forest, and that weak form of Voldemort that I've seen.

        Have he reached the stone yet? Did he get past Fluffy? Is he going to burst into the room right then and murder one of my best friends?