The Platform

Draco's P.O.V

She bent down to grab her books. Her hands touched mine accidentally and she pulls away quickly. I reached out, to hold her hand to say that I'm not as bad as I look.

I woke up to the sound of my mother's voice.

"Wake up now, Draco." She smiles "It's time for you to go to the station."

I almost forgot that I have to go to the station today. I got of the bed and went over to pick up the outfit that my mother had already picked out for me. I watched as my mother leave the room. My heart ached to realize that she won't be taking me to the station.

I wish she was though, but she can't. I thought that maybe something nice would be able to drop me off at the station, but I'm stuck with having the nightmare bringing me to the station.

"I'm just going to take him to the platform and he'll get in there... no Narcissa, I will not do... no... just stop okay? I'm not doing what normal muggle fathers do... no. You can't make me... I said no." I heard my father said as I walked down the stairs.

Its okay, I thought to myself, you're only going to see him for a minute or so. It's not like you're going to see him every day at Hogwarts. It's not like you're going to see him every day of your life. You get a whole year of Hogwarts to escape this reality, this nightmare. Don't worry.

"Good morning father." I whispered I sat down next to him. He was holding his papers as usual; he was ignoring me as usual.

"Good morning mother." I said and she smiles at me and returns my gesture. Why is that my father can't do that bonding thing with me like my mother? Why are we so distanced?

My mother placed a plate of eggs that Dobby had made for us in front of me. I ate it slowly as my thought drift to Dobby. Does he have a family? Did they serve our family like him?

I stared at him gloomily, I really will miss him. He's pretty much the only person in the family that keeps me away from feeling lonely. 

"You ready yet? I haven't got all day, you know? Finish that egg quickly and we'll leave." My father boomed at me angrily as he tore me away from the thought.

I quickly finished the egg and went off the stool. My father grabbed me by my shoulder and dragged me quickly towards the door.

"Put on the coat and move along." He demanded as my mother entered the room to say goodbye. She was then accompanied by Dobby. He looked at me with his giant sad eyes, as I do the same.

I nodded at him and turned around to hide my sadness. I hope I make more friends at Hogwarts.

"Goodbye!" my mother said as my father pushed me out the door and towards the carriage. I turned my head around just once to see Dobby waving at me. I gave him a small wave.

Thank god my mother was still standing there or else my father will really punish Dobby for greeting his master like an equal. Who knows what he's going to do to him.

"Get in." My father demands again pushing me in.

I sat across him but my eyes don't meet his gaze. I just want to get away from this place and get to the Hogwarts Express quickly.

*        *        *

When we got to the station, we walked towards the platform as casually as possible. We stopped in front of the brick wall between platform '9' and '10'.

"Go on now. I have to leave. Don't linger around. And don't do the wrong things." was the last words that my father said to me. Why can't he say something that is encouraging or something nice?