Part 31 "Is he on crack?"

Start from the beginning

My bedroom door opens and my mom walks in, her eyes widen in surprise when she sees me awake.

"You're awake! What are you doing up so early?" She questions, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

"I just woke up," I hear my voice for the first time this morning and you can tell my nose is stopped up. My usual soft voice is a tad deeper.

Mom automatically comes over to me and she puts her hand on my forehead.

"You're warm," she decides, "don't come near me, I don't want whatever you have. We're leaving now."

I sigh as she walks out my room. She didn't have to be so mean about it. I wouldn't want to get her sick anyway.

Plus, I have to go to school.

During our free period, I have to help Olivia study for her trigonometry class.

And I can't forget I have to make sure Luke doesn't skip his so called 'useless' geography class anymore.

I finish getting ready and I make my way back downstairs. I eat half an apple and drink the rest of my tea, not having much of an appetite. I make myself a large cup of tea for school and I grab my keys and head to school.

I clumsily almost fall out my car, trying to keep my sweater on my shoulder and the large cup of tea steady in my other hand.

After carefully making my way into school without falling, I'm about to turn the last corner to get to my locker when I bump right into someones chest. The guy isn't Luke and he doesn't smell like Eli either.

"I'm really sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going," I automatically apologize on instinct. I wipe the dripping tea off the side of the cup with a napkin I thankfully brought before looking up into the eyes of the person I bumped in to.

Dark brown eyes stare right back at me and I smile up at the guy. He must be new here. I'm sure he'll fit right in. He looks kind and the girl will probably love him. He's quite cute with his light freckles all over his face and his dark brown, floppy hair.

The guy doesn't say anything he kinda just looks at me for a few seconds. The guy who I recognize as, Ethan, one of Luke's teammates, nudges the guy in front of me almost warningly.

"Are you okay?" I ask unfortunately after a little sniffle.

Why am I one to always get sick?

"Yeah! Sorry," he laughs sheepishly, "I'm, I'm fine."

"Hi Ethan!" I smile at the large guy right beside the one in front of me. He smiles down at me and nods his head. Ethan can look pretty scary sometimes because he's a big defensive tackle. I know him as a big teddy bear though. He's like a big brother to me, and he sometimes even calls me 'sis.' Ethan and I became good friends a few weeks ago when the girls forced me to go to one of Luke and Eli's practices.

Ethan was out for only a few days because of a rolled ankle. The coach didn't want him to hurt his ankle more so he let him have a break. Ethan still attended practices and we met that day the girls and I saw the practice.

Ethan sat with us and made us laugh the whole practice.

"I'm Aubrey! You must be new," I smile, taking a sip of my tea. The new guy nods and looks over at me again.

"Yeah. I'm Jace. I moved here from California." He says. I knew he had to have been from somewhere warm. His skin is fairly tanned for the Fall season.

"Well it's nice to meet you! I moved here fro-" Ethan cuts me off by stepping in between Jace and I.

"Aubrey has to go. Maybe she will catch up with you later. Wouldn't count on it but we'll see," Ethan turns around and ushers me to follow him. I give an apologetic look to Jace before turning and following Ethan.