Part 5: By The Fire

Your POV

"I'm sorry," I croaked, rubbing at my eyes with the sleeve of my shirt as I pulled away from the hug.

"It's alright," Ellie's voice was quiet, I don't think she knew what to do even now.

I kept my head turned away from her as I tried to stop the constant stream of tears falling from my eyes.

"I won't let them hurt you again... I promise," she whispered, and I wasn't sure if she was making a promise to me or herself.

Ellie's POV

She turned and looked at me with a broken smile, and I felt the need to take  away all of the pain she'd ever felt, to show her that she was loved, and I cared about her.

Without thinking, I pressed my lips to hers, pulling back moments after I'd realized what I'd done.

"I'm sorry," I whispered shyly, causing her to smile gently. She shook her head as if to say 'don't be' and put a hand to the back of my neck before pressing our lips together once again.

Your POV

I'd never kissed someone before. Well, not consentingly. The feeling I got when I was around her was something so different from anything I'd ever felt before, and I didn't know what to call it.

I pulled away slowly, a faint blush creeping onto my cheeks. I tried to convince myself that the blush was from the fire, but deep down I knew it wasn't.

She lifted her hand to my cheek, wiping away any remaining tears with her thumb. Her fingers were cold, but they felt nice against my cool cheeks.

"Get some rest," she whispered. I nodded and laid back, leaned my head on my backpack. She threw a tattered blanket over me before laying down herself.

Ellie's POV

I couldn't sleep that night, even after hours of trying. My brain was filled with thoughts with Y/N. Her beautiful eyes, her hair, god did her hair ever look soft, and especially the way her lips felt against mine.

"Y/N..?" I quietly called her name, "Are you still up?" I heard her roll over so she was laying on her side facing me, I did the same. I was surprised she was still awake, perhaps she was having the same issue I was.

When I opened my eyes, I saw her looking back at me with tired, soft eyes. "What's up?" She asked softly, her groggy voice giving away that she hadn't spoken in a few hours.

"About... What happened earlier..." I slowly begin, feeling my cheeks begin to heat up at the mention of my own actions.

"Mhmm?" She hummed, and I catch the tiniest of smiles starting to grow on her cheeks.

"Do you think we could... I don't know... Make something out of that..?" I ask, having almost no clue how to word what I wanted to ask. I hoped she understood what I was trying to get at.

"Ellie Williams, are you asking me out?" She asked with a slight giggle afterwards. She scoots a little closer to me as my cheeks become even warmer than they were before.

"Suppose I was..." I mumble, beginning to get flustered after the obvious tease, "how would you respond?"

She bit her lip, as if thinking about it, which gave me serious anxiety until a smile cracked on to her face once again. "Well, you would have a girlfriend..." I smiled, breathing out in relief as she giggled again.

I lean forward, placing a hand on her cheek as I pecked her lips. "Well, then I guess I've got a girlfriend." I said with a chuckle.

Your POV

My stomach felt like it was erupting with butterflies, I was so happy. I never thought the day would come where someone would actually ask me to be theirs, instead of forcing me to be. I wrap one of my arms around her neck, and she lets hers drape over my waist, both of us smiling peacefully.

We lock eyes, just staring at one another in the comfortable silence. My eyes grow heavy, and once they're closed, I've fallen asleep.

"Goodnight, Y/N..." I hear Ellie whisper, and she kisses my forehead.

~~~

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long hiatus, I wasn't sure where I wanted this story to go. I've got more of an idea now, so I plan to update it more often!
~Lia

Immune (The Last of Us Ellie Williams X Female Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara