Norman x Reader: Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"(Y/n)! Wait!" You hear Norman yell.

You turn around and see Norman sprinting towards you. He takes your hands and begins to slightly cry. "Please, don't leave I love you!" He cried.

Your eyes widen as you take in the sight before you, Norman just told you he loved you.

"Norman I... I love you too... but I can't stay." You whimper.

"No! please I'm begging you don't leave me!-" Norman begs.

You lean in closer to Norman, before you knew it you had locked lips with him. The kiss was soft and sweet and passionate too. The kiss was quickly broken and you hugged him one last time. "I need to go, I'm sorry." you whisper.

You turn around and face the cab and get inside. The last time you saw Norman he was in tears, and all for you.

Not even a year later you got a phone call from Norman. You'll always remember that weekend, because that was the weekend that Norman called you and told you he had killed his own mother. He murdered Norma. He was getting sicker and you could tell. You drove out to WhitePineBay and you helped Norman cover up the murder, stage it to look like an accident, you couldn't believe that this is happened but love makes people do weird things, and you did still love him. You even offered to stay with Norman an extra few days but he told you to leave for your own safety, he didn't want to ever hurt you. So you helped cover up another one of Normans murders and left the town immediately as told.

Many years later into your adult life you had to move back into WhitePineBay. You had gotten fired from your job and just couldn't afford to live there anymore so you had to come back to this place. You bought a house and settled in fine. You didn't contact Norman or even let him know you were staying here, in fact no one had even brought up his name until one cold night a private investigator by the name of Milton Arbogast came knocking at your door.

"What do you want?" You asked as you stared at the man.

"Ma'm are you familiar with a Norman Bates?" He asked.

"I might be." You raised an eyebrow.

"I have reasons to believe you and him were in some sort of relationship when you were younger, is that true?" He asked.

You shook your head, "Listen I'm not the one to be asking about Norman Bates, okay?" You say as you slam your door shut, only for the man to place is foot in the doorway, stopping the door from closing. "Ever heard of the name, "Marion Crane"?" he asked.

You slightly open the door, "No actually I haven't." You speak truthfully.

"Well Norman Bates-"

"Alright listen to me right now! I haven't spoken to Norman Bates in at least 9 years so would you leave me alone!? Good day sir!" You scream, successfully slamming the door shut

It wasn't until the next day you saw "Norman Bates" in the headline of the news paper. You gasped as you read the story. You bought the newspaper and read it all at home. Norman... killed a woman named Marion Crane, he even killed the man you were talking to yesterday. But that wasn't the worst part. Normans sanity had split into two sections, one side belonged to him and the other... Norma Bates. Once he had finally lost it he dug up his mothers corpse and kept her in her room, when killing someone the mother side of him would take over, he would even dress up in her clothes. Norman had been taken to a mental institution. You spent that day crying, maybe you could have saved him from this if you stuck around him more.

It may have seemed bad for you now but it got better. You began to study counselling and psychology and you began working in a mental institution as a therapist for the mentally ill. You couldn't believe your eyes when you found out Norman was being submitted there. You found out Norman was being brought back here the second time after murdering once again. You got to see him and talk to him. You were his therapist after all. And you couldn't help falling in love with him all over again. You would get up in the morning and rush straight to work just to spend time with Norman, it was perfect. You wouldn't only listen to Norman but he would listen to you too. It was only shortly after that you demanded for Norman to be set free, you said he was sane again and was stable enough to be let back into society. You were told no. One night one of your fellow colleagues came to your house to discuss Norman. He spoke about how 'insane' he was and how he was a 'psycho'. He even laughed about how you were just as crazy as him to want to let him free. His words angered you.

"Hm. is that so?" You muttered. "You think I'm crazy?"

"Hah, well no, it's just a joke c'mon." Your work partner laughed.

"...how about I make us some coffee?" you offered.

"Oh that would be great." the man smiled.

You walked into the kitchen and grabbed the kettle. You walked into the living room to see the man gazing out the window. You walked up close behind him and with one swift swing of the kettle you violently smashed it against his head. He hit the ground with a thud and began to squirm and call for help.

"Don't call me crazy." You smiled and knelt down next to him, "And do not call Norman crazy." You said as you lifted the kettle high and repeatedly began to smash him in the head until he was dead. You cleaned the kettle and disposed of your fingerprints and set it back down onto the counter. You cleaned the blood off yourself too. You left your home.

You walked to the mental institution and were greeted by the kind staff.

"Ah hello Ms.(y/n)." They smile, "What can we do for you today?"

"I'm here to take Norman for another session." You say.

You were allowed to take Norman for another 'therapy session'.

That was the last anyone had ever seen of you and Norman Bates.
Again, love makes people do... crazy things.