Norman x Reader: Chapter 7

"Dylan? what are you doing here?" You say as you stare at Dylan.

"I just wanted to say sorry on be half of..Norma." Dylan spat in disgust as he said her name.

"It's fine... I just don't know what to so with myself now." You say while running your fingers through your hair.

"If you need help finding a job I can help you look." Dylan offers

"Thanks Dylan, that would be great." You smile at him.

"I'll call you when our next meal is ready. Oh and... did you sleep with Norman?" Dylan raises an eyebrow

You turn fire truck red and growl, "No! I didn't!" You stomp your foot.

Dylan laughs, "okay okay! See ya later." Dylan walks off.

You slam the door shut and sit on your bed and lay down. You look at the clock, 7:30 am. Damn, why the hell did Norma wake you up so early anyway? Screw that you were going back to sleep for another few hours. You rest your eyes and slowly doze off.

KNOCK KNOCK

You awake to hear the sounds of knocking, you look at your alarm clock, it was now 10:40. You got out of bed and lazily dragged yourself to the door and opened it. Norma was standing at the doorway with that same pissed off look on her face. She handed you a clipboard.

"Now, you'll be doing some damn work around here, got it?" Norma hisses.

"Wh- okay... sure..." You mumble looking at the list of chores.

"I'll be back by the end of the night to see if you have done the chores correctly." Norma says. she walks away without saying anything else.

The list says that you need to clean all the motel rooms, buy groceries for supper, clean Norma's car and apply for a job.
You grew red with anger and harshly threw the clipboard on the floor, why the hell should you wash her damn car and buy her groceries? You were so angry. But you couldn't flunk this, Norma would probably kill you...

You might as well get started with these chores while it's early.

The rest of your day consisted of cleaning all the motel rooms, scrubbing bathtubs and toilets, cleaning windows and polishing tables, changing bed sheets and dusting everything, it was completely exhausting and took about three hours to finish. Then you took a trip to the grocery store, you bought a large chicken, vegetables and soda, this was all for supper. Then for desert you bought a large chocolate cake. You could now tick off two things on the list. Back at the motel you filled a bucket with warm water and soap, you grabbed a sponge and carried the bucket outside and placed it next to Norma's car. You rolled your eyes as Norma's car was barely even dirty. You dunked the sponge in the soapy water and began to thoroughly scrub Norma's car. After about 30 minutes Norma's car was spotless. Now all you had to do was apply for a job. That was easier said than done. You drove yourself into town and to your surprise no one was hiring, it was ridiculous, there had to be someone who was hiring. You were so desperate and really needed the money. After finally accepting there was no job interviews you headed back to the motel. You had a really long day, you were about to head into the motel room and take a nice hot shower until Norma called on you, it was supper time. You really wished you had time for a shower as you felt really gross after salving away today. You walked into the kitchen and a smile appeared on your face, you hadn't seen Norman all day and now you felt a lot better, Dylan was also at the table. You sat down next to Norman and you swore you heard Norma growl at you as she placed the plates of food on the dinner table. Chicken and vegetables, no surprise there, you bought the food yourself. You bit into the chicken and swallowed, you continued to eat and quite fast too, you were pretty hungry. You pushed your vegetables to the side as you weren't a big fan, but tried to eat some as it was a waste to leave them. There was silence at the dinner table until Norma broke it, "So, (y/n) did you finish your chores today?" She said as she clasped her fingers together and stared at you contently, waiting for an answer.
You nod your head quickly and begin to answer, "Yep, I washed your car, cleaned every motel room and obviously bought groceries." You force a fake smile at her.
"What about a job?" Norma asks
You scratch the back of your head nervously, "Well you see... no one is hiring right now, I looked practically everywhere."
"Well nothing can be done about that." Norma shrugged her shoulders.

After lunch was finished you headed outside to return to your motel room to finally shower, until Norman stopped you of course.
"I was wondering, would you like to go to the movies with me tonight?" He smiled brightly at you.
You looked at your watch, it was only 6:35 so you could squeeze in a movie for tonight. You and Norman arrived at the movie theatre and tried to decide on what movie to pick, there was nothing good premiering so you both had to settle for a cheesy romcom movie. You went on inside while Norman bought soda and popcorn for you both. Not long into the movie you cod feel Norman place his arm around you, your cheeks flushed a bright red and you felt a nervous smile crawl onto your lips. You tilted your head and leaned onto his chest. You both stayed like this for the rest if the movie. On the way out and back to the motel you both laughed and made fun of how horribly funny the movie was some time through the conversation Norman had taken ahold of your hand. This day started out pretty shitty but it was ending just perfectly. Norman said goodnight to you as you headed into your motel room, finally you were able to take a shower. You took off your clothes and turned on the shower, you cleaned your body and washed your hair. You finished your shower and dried your hair and body then changed into your pyjamas. You picked up your phone and punched in numbers then held the phone to your ear. You were phoning the police department to see if there was anything on what happened to your parents, but of course nothing. You laid down onto your bed and thought about it. Why would someone kill your parents? Who would want to? All these thoughts rushed through your head but you tried your best to push them out. You pulled the covers over you and got some sleep.