Norman Bates x Reader: Chapter 9

You sat on your bed and tried to process the news about Norman. He must have some kind of illness. Is he safe to be around? All kinds of questions flooded your mind, you shook your head and pushed these thoughts out. Of course it's safe to be around Norman, he wouldn't ever hurt you, you knew that. You knew you meant so much more to Norman than Emma and Bradley, you were so special to him. You looked out your window too see it wasn't that dark yet, you decided to head down to the police station and then maybe your own house. You've heard nothing from the police, it seems like they've just have up, it's only been a few weeks but they must have something on who murdered your parents. You left your motel room and started to walk to the station, it was a good fifteen minutes to get to town but you didn't have a car or drivers licence yet so using your legs to get to places was the only option right now. You finally entered the doors to the station, looking through the glass you ask for Officer Romero. The woman behind the glass tells you to stay seated until Romero can see you.
Not long later you were called into his office, you sat down on the chair facing his desk where Romero was sitting in front of you.

"Well what can I do you for?" Romero asked, jotting down words on a notepad.

You raised an eyebrow and glared at him, "What can I do you for?" You said, mimicking him. "My parents are dead! Don't you have any clue who did this!?" You begin to yell.

Romero sighed and avoided eye contact with you, "Listen, we already told you if we find anything we'll let you know."

"That isn't good enough! Are you even still looking? it's been weeks and you've got nothing!" You spat, crossing your arms.

"Okay kid, I'm not gonna lie. We're lost with this case." Romero said as your eyes widened in disbelief, "It's like there was never anyone there."

"You're the police!" You growl, "If you're so lost with this case that you're going to a abandon it then think again!" You say, standing up from your feet and storming out of Romero's office and out of the station.

You couldn't believe what you had heard, if the police can't find out who did this then who knows how many people the murderer will kill and get away with it. You decided you would go to your house and take a look at the crime scene, you convinced yourself you would do a better job than the police. Along the journey to your home you couldn't help but feel as if you were being followed, you would glance around your shoulders from time to time as you walked on. You shook of this feeling of discomfort and stopped right at your front door. You then looked up at the sky to see if was now getting quite dark. You ripped the yellow police tape away from the door and shook the door handle to find it was locked. Not a problem. You took out your spare key and unlocked the door then walked inside. As you entered the living room you started to remember the morning you woke up and... found them.. dead on the floor. You took in the still messy site of the room, nothing had changed, except from your parents bodies that had been taken away. You left the living room and walked upstairs and into your room. It seemed that your room hadn't been touched, it looked pretty much the same as you had left it. All of a sudden that strange feeling came over you again, like someone was in the house with you. You ignored this feeling and let out a sigh as you laid down onto your bed, turning onto your side and placing your hand under your pillow. You then felt something prick your finger, you leaned up immediately and lifted up your pillow, your eyes widened and you felt your blood run cold. There was a knife laying on your mattress. You hesitantly picked it up, it was covered in dry blood. Why was this here? You asked yourself over and over.
Just then someone grabbed you from behind, the fright made you drop the knife instantly, the person from behind grabbed your arms and cuffed them.
"(Y/N) You're under arrest of the suspicion of the murders of (parents/n) and (p/n)." A voice said, Officer Romero.

These words rang through your ears as Officer Romero dragged you up and pushed you out of the room.

No. This was impossible.