Norman x Reader: Chapter 8

Awoken by your alarm clock once again you slam down onto the off button. You rubbed your heavy eyes and let out a long, sleepy yawn. Monday mornings made you feel sick, you felt like ditching school, you just weren't in the mood but you couldn't just skip because you 'didn't feel like it', besides, Norma would find out you were here and that's a conversation you didn't want to be involved in. You dragged yourself out of bed and opened the closet, taking out a white sweater and black jeans, you got changed in the bathroom then washed your face thoroughly, placed some mascara on your eyelashes carefully, you had just the right amount of makeup on. You walked out of the bathroom and brushed your hair before putting on your shoes. You grabbed your bag pack and just before you were about to leave you heard a knock at the door, you opened it to see Norman standing I front of you,

"Ready for school?" He grinned and handed you a plastic container which seemed to be holding lunch.

"Oh, yeah I am." You return the smile and grab the container, "Is this my lunch?" You say, placing it in your bag.

"Yeah, mother made us both lunch."

"Alright, then, let's go." You say.

You and Norman both walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus to arrive. 

The rest of the school day was torture. Norman fainted during English class and got sent home, to make things worse, Bradley Martin payed you a visit on the way home from school. She glared at you as she approached you.

"So I hear you're living with Norman?" She said, giving you an overly friendly smile.

"Uh, yeah, I am." You mutter.

"Alright just listen, if you think you can ever be with Norman... then you're wrong, If you haven't heard already, we're kind of a... 'thing'" She let out a laugh.

"As much as I'd love to stand here and listen to you bitch I have to get home." You say, trying to push past her.

"I'm just telling you, stay away from him." She growls.

"Whatever, I don't like Norman like that, goodbye." You lie, and push her away, continuing to walk home.

You clench your fists, what a bitch. You couldn't stand this girl. She had to have been telling lies. Norman and her weren't a couple. She was crazy. Bradley had just been let out of a mental hospital after trying to commit suicide. She wasn't right in the head, that's for sure. You got back home but walked straight up to the mansion, chapping on the door. Thankfully Dylan answered.

"Dude, would you stop knocking? You're welcome to just walk in." He said.

"Not according to your mom." You raise an eyebrow.

"Just come in, then. I take it you want to see Norman?" He asks.

"Yeah, Is he okay?" 

"Uh, yeah I guess, black outs are normal for him I guess." He shrugs.

You were about to walk up the stairs until you took in what he just said, "Wait, what?" 

"What?"

"Black outs are normal for him?"

"Uh. Mhm." Dylan says

"What do you mean by that?" 

"Nothing, you should go visit him now." Dylan said as he quckly left the room.

You shook your head and walked up the stairs, heading into Norman's room. He was reading a book in bed. He smiled as you walked in.

"Hey!" He grinned.

"Hey, how are you?" You ask.

"I'm okay, just a sore head, that's all." He smiled, it didn't even look like he had been ill.

"Well it's good you're okay, I was worried." You say.

"Well you don't have to worry anymore."

"Yeah, I bumped into Bradley on the way home..." Your words trail off.

"Oh. What did she... say?" 

"She said I've to stay away from you and that you and her are a 'thing'" You mutter.

Norman almost laughed, "No... that isn't true, Bradley and I are only friends."

"Really?" You tilt your head.

"Yeah." He said, smiling to reassure you.

"Alright. I guess I'll leave you alone now." You say, leaning in towards Norman giving him a goodbye hug, as you began to depart from him he placed a kiss on your cheek. You smiled and left the room. 

On the way down the stairs you walked into the living room, looking for Dylan, thankfully he was sitting on the sofa. You walked in front of him, arms crossed.

"What?" He asked.

"What did you mean before, about Norman's blackouts?" You say, prying into Norman's life wasn't very 'polite' but you had to know.

"I guess I can tell you..." He muttered.

"You're scaring me Dylan."

"Okay just, sit down and listen." He said, patting the space on the sofa.

Dylan began to talk about Norman and his blackouts. With each and every word that Dylan spoke began to scare you more. He explained that when Norman blacks out he is still concious but it's like he isn't there anymore, like his soul leaves his body. You learned that the only reason they are living here is because Norman had killed his father during one of his blackouts, Norma staged it to be an accident. She got money from this and bought the motel. After Dylan had finished speaking you sat there, speachless. You couldn't find the right words to say, you forced out, "Oh..."

"Yeah." Dylan mumbled.

"Is he... ill?" You ask.

"Look I don't know what's up with him, it's just something we don't talk about, okay?"

"But, does Norman know?"

"No, and don't bother saying anything, okay?"

"Yeah, I promise..." 

"I'm warning you (y/n..."

"I got it." You nod, standing up from the sofa, "I'm going to leave now, have a nice night, Dylan." You say, leaving the mansion. 

--------

~Authors Note~

--------

Okay guys, this book has hit 1k! I'm really happy about this, thank you so much for commenting, liking, reading! And to celebrate I have uploaded a Dylan x Reader chapter! It's on my page now!~