Chapter 3 - The only one who can beat you is me

Third person's POV

After all the other Touou member had left the gym, the pink haired girl known as Momoi Satsuki was watching the start of the match of her two best friends, Aomine Daiki and Emiko Archer.

Satsuki was standing in between them, getting ready to start the game with a tip off. She looked at both the players. " Are you ready?"

Aomine smirked. "I'm always ready."

"Hai, Tsuki-chan."

Satsuki nodded before placing one leg in front and saying. "Tip off!" With that, she threw the ball up in the air. Both the players jumped up to get it. But Aomine being of a larger size than compared to Emiko had jumped higher and was about to reach the ball first. But before he could grab it, the ball was already flying pass him.

When he realised what had happened, Emiko was already on the ground running towards the ball that she had hit away. She got to the ball first and she hurriedly dribbled it towards the hoop. But Aomine appeared in front of her before she could go any further.

Emiko's eyes widened. In the past Ao-Kun was never able to catch up to me."Ao-kun, you've gotten faster." Emiko praised.

"You were gone a long time, after all." Aomine said with a smirk on his face.

She just smirked back, before dribbling the ball behind her back. She dribbled it around herself feinting from left to right. Confusing the tanned player. Before she dribbled it under his leg and swiftly ran past him. She ran towards the hoop and dunked it in.

"And in the long time that I was gone, you aren't the only one who had improved." Emiko said. She threw the ball to him for him to start the second round.

This continued for a while until finally as usual, the said tanned basketball player was now in the same condition that Kagami was when he had played against Emiko. On the floor, panting for his life.

Emiko's POV

"Satsuki, what ...was the....total.....score?" Ao-kun asked Satsuki. She looked over to the score board. "118 to 69" She announced. Aomine punched his fist in the air with a grin on his face. "Yes! Higher than last time!"

"What was last time's score?" Tsuki- chan asked.

"136 to 47." I answered.

"Ehhhhhh?! I didn't know that you two had played a game with that much difference in the scores." Tsuki-chan exclaimed.

I turned to face her and said, "You had to stay back with the teacher that day. So Sei-kun was refereeing the match."

"I see, I see." Tsuki-chan said with her finger on her chin. I looked over at Ao-kun who was starting to catch his breath. "Sate, a deals a deal." He got up from the floor to face me. "Until the next time you face Seirin in a match, you aren't allowed to skip practice. If you do, I'll be hearing from Tsuki-chan."

"Fine fine, a deals a deal. I'll show up at training until we meet in the court. But after that I'm skipping again." He said while rubbing his head with his towel.

"Sure." Is what I said, but I have a feeling that today was the last time he'll be skipping. I went over to my bag and wore my jacket over. "Tsuki-chan, do you have time after this?"

"I do, but why?" Tsuki-chan asked me as she tilted her head. I zipped up my bag and slung it over my shoulder. "I was hoping to have a chat with you."

K - n - B

I sucked on the delectable chocolate shake as a satisfied smile appeared on my face. As expected the only chocolate shake that gets me this happy is the one from Maji burger. I wonder how they make it so heavenly. As I was in my thoughts about how this shake was so delicious, Tsuki-chan suddenly said, "So Emi-chan, what did you want to chat about." Tsuki-chan asked as she took a sip of her own strawberry shake.