19 - Seline

"How many times do I have to tell you not to just poof in here like that?" Bennett growls before slamming the front door shut and stomping off towards the kitchen.

Seline grins, winking at me, then seemingly floats after him.

Yes, I mean floats. She's fucking floating. There is no walking involved here.

Despite my better judgement, I follow the flying witch. I watch her carefully as she enters the kitchen and takes a seat on my favourite stool.

Grrr.

"Bennett, it's so nice to see you again. You look magnificent as always." She says, her grin growing larger.

"Yeah, you too." He grunts as he grabs a beer out of the fridge. "Want one?"

She shakes her head before turning towards me. "You certainly are a beauty, Loralei." She purrs, her grin never faltering. "In all my years, I have never seen a Mahigan, nor a Bloodren with purple eyes. It's astonishingly rare even amongst us - saved for those of the Megin. Peculiar. Come closer."

I slowly walk to her, my feet moving on their own accord until I'm only an arm's length from her.

"And this white hair. Unexplainable for sure. If I didn't know better, I wouldn't believe the colouring to be weird. Especially considering the raven coloured locks of your begetter."

I nod. "I know Seth Ragnor has black hair."

"Aye, as did your mother."

My eyes widen as I look at the witch in shock. "My mother?" I ask. "Did you know her?"

"Of course I knew Rose Winters. She was-"

"Rose Winters?" Bennett interrupts, looking at us both in shock. "Your mother is Rose Winters?"

"Yes?"

"She was the last known descendent of the First." Bennett says. I can see the wheels turning in his head as he begins to put the remaining puzzle pieces together. "This could explain everything!"

He drops his beer to the counter and walks off hurriedly in the direction of his office, leaving me alone with Seline - who continues to stare at me with her odd grin plastered to her face.

And I swear she hasn't blinked once.

"The First?"

"The First ever Mahigan - Mathew Winters." She replies, nodding her head.

It all makes sense.

"She has the purest bloodline." I say, more-so to myself.

"You got it."

"And Seth Ragnor was the first of his kind."

"Yup."

I whisper, "The strongest of Bloodlines. That's why I exist."

"Exactly! Isn't this so fascinating? They say the Winters were the strongest of all the Mahigan and of course Ragnor is...well, he's Seth Ragnor. That means you are the best of both species!"

"Or I am the worst of both." I mumble.

"I strongly doubt that." She says, placing her hand on my bicep and forcing me to sit on the stool beside her. "Are you bloodthirsty?"

"No."

"Are you affected by the Full Moon?"

"No."

"But you can change into a wolf. You have the strength of the Mahigan and the regeneration abilities of the Bloodren. Plus, it's always possible for either species to have the access to fjölkyngi."