Progress

With Loki gone, you were now left alone with Banner. You were done with breakfast so you didn't have much left to do. And with Thor still asleep, the only thing left was to wait. Banner was busy with his breakfast so you didn't really want to bother him either. Maybe I can write while I wait. You thought. Oh but my journal is upstairs. If I go quickly he won't wake up. You thought, hopping up stairs and tip toeing to your room.

You slowly creaked the door open, expecting the god to be sound asleep, but instead finding him up on his feet readjusting his armor. He turned to look at you with a grin, his blue gaze meeting yours.

"Oh sorry, thought you were still asleep." You said putting a strand of loose hair behind your ear, Thor  finishing up on his chest piece. "Its alright. I was just about to go downstairs." He smiled. You suddenly remembered breakfast. "Oh! Are you hungry?" I made breakfast, if you want some." You shrugged shyly.  He continued making eye contact with you, the grin never slipping off his face. 

"I'm starving, breakfast would be good." He nodded. "Alright, well if you're ready follow me." You waved your hand, gesturing for him to follow along. You opened the door, beginning to make your way back downstairs, Thor following close behind.  You could sense his massive figure as you walked down the stairs.

As you and Thor made it to the kitchen, you saw Bruce finishing up with his food, His face glued to a book he must have grabbed out of the shelf from the living room. As you reached up for a plate from the cabinet, Thor leaned against the counter top, his hands resting on it. "Where is Loki by the way?" He began, your figure turning around to face him as you gripped the plate on your hand. "Oh, he was here earlier this  morning. He ate breakfast then went upstairs."

You shrugged then handed him the plate. He took it, briefly thanking you then setting it down beside him. Once again you took out a pan, drizzling oil over it and letting it heat up for a few seconds. "Can you hand me the eggs from the fridge?" You said to Thor. "Oh, um, sure." He said opening the fridge door with a swift move, then bending down to grab the carton of eggs. You turned around, grabbing the coffee maker pot and adding water to it. As you were doing so, you heard a thud coming from the fridge followed by a grunt. You turned to see Thor rubbing the back of his head with one hand and holding the egg carton with the other. You set the coffee pot down and rushed to his side. "Are you alright?" You said taking the eggs from his hands.

"Yes." He nodded his head. "You have quite the hard fridge." He said beginning to laugh as he continued to rub his head. "Yeah, it's happened to me as well." You laughed along. "Um do you want something while you wait?" You said pointing your thumb behind you. He thought for a moment, letting go of his head. "A cup of coffee please." He said seating down next to Bruce. "You drink coffee?"  You said cracking a fresh egg on the pan, making it sizzle. "Of course. Who doesn't like a hot cup of coffee." He said, resting his hands on the table as he smiled. "Um, actually I prefer tea." You said scrambling the eggs. "Tea?" He raised an eyebrow. "Yes. It's always good to drink tea." You said finishing up with the eggs, serving them on a plate and pouring coffee into a cup.

You walked towards the god and carefully placed the plate in front of him. "Thank you, lady (y/n)." He smiled once again. You nodded going back into the kitchen and taking out a kettle to boil water. God does he ever stop being so cute? You shook your head, ignoring the thought and joining the gentlemen at the table.

"So, what's the plan?" You said seating down, Thor already half way through his breakfast. "Um well the goal is to contact Stark tower to let them know we are alive." Bruce said, setting down the book he was lost in. "Well, what do you guys need to do that?" You said scrunching your eyebrows.

"Well now that I think about it, it's a little more complicated than just using a phone or radio." Bruce said standing up from his seat. "How complicated?" Loki said suddenly appearing down the stairs. "You see, after Ultron, Tony decided to add a lot more security to the systems in Avenger headquarters, which will make it hard for us to contact them, or even send them a message." Bruce said crossing his arms. "Doesn't stark have a phone or something that you can call him through?" You said cocking an eyebrow. "Well we don't have that number." He shrugged. "Okay then, any other ideas?"

You said, the room becoming quiet for a brief moment. Everyone lost in thought.

"What about those earpieces the Avengers use to communicate? Do you still have yours Banner?" Loki suggested, rubbing his pointy chin. "I lost mine when I landed in Sakaar." Bruce sighed. "I still have mine." Thor said, suddenly all eyes in the room turning to look at him. He reached into his pocket, pulling out the tiny earpiece and holding it between his index and thumb.

"Thor! Why didn't you say anything before?" Bruce said, his hands going up in the air. "Because it's broken." Thor began. "Don't you think I haven't tried to use it before?" Bruce sighed. "Well at least its just broken, not lost. Let me take a look at it." He said stretching out his hand, and Thor tossing it. With a swift move Bruce caught it in his hand, turning it around and examining it from all possible angles.

You, Thor and Loki, waited patiently for Bruce to finish. "Well?" Loki cocked an eyebrow. "Well.." Bruce began, tilting his head to the side. "I have good news and bad news." He said. "Spit it out!" You and Loki said in unison.

"Bad news is, I have no idea how to fix it." He frowned. "But, the good news is that maybe I could figure it out if you give me some time. It's definitely doable." He said sticking up his index finger and putting emphasis on the word but.

"How long do you think it will take you?" Thor said leaning back on is chair, arms crossed in front of him. "Maybe a couple of days." He shrugged. "When Tony made the earpieces, he installed an SOS button on them in case one of us was in trouble, we could alert Avengers Headquarters." Bruce said, waving his hands expressively. "So if I can just get the SOS button to work, we will be set."

"Alright that sounds like a plan." You shrugged pacing back and forth.  "yeah, But I am going to need a few things to be able to fix the earpiece. (y/n) is there a hardware store nearby where we can get some supplies?" You stopped pacing. "Um, yeah actually! I've never been inside but I can take ya'll." "Good! lets get going then!" Thor said getting out of his chair. "whoa whoa whoa, hold on there." You said standing in front of Thor, blocking his way. "You guys can't go out like that." You said poking Thor in the chest. "Oh um, right." He shook his head. "Give us a minute." He smiled pushing Bruce and Loki up the stairs. "Wha-?" Both Loki and Bruce had confused looks on their faces. "Trust me!" He whispered to both men in front of him, then turned to grin at you one last time before disappearing up the stairs, leaving you standing alone.

Before you could say anything, you heard a door shut upstairs making the house silent. "Okay..." you said confused. I guess I'll go get ready as well.  You thought heading upstairs to your room.