three

"Dylan!"

"Dylan!"

Hearing my name being called, I turn around from my locker. Summer was jogging down the hall my way, and when she finally reached me she was completely out of breathe.

"You good, Summer?" I laughed and continued to take books out from my locker.

When I didn't hear her laugh, I whipped my head in her direction. She was trying to blurt out a sentence but her breath was still raggedy. She seemed pretty serious about what she was about to tell me. That's when I noticed the stares and whispers coming my way.

"Is it true that you hit Peter with your bike just to lure him into your house and seduce him?"

"What!" I didn't mean to yell but it definitely came out louder than I intended.

"That's pretty badass. Kind of psycho, but I like it." Summer finally caught her breath again.

I slam my locker shut and face her to get some answers. Who said that? He insisted on coming to my house, I don't even like the kid. Is that why everyone is staring at me? Oh, God, this can't be happening.

"Charlie told me." Was all Summer said.

With that, I took off. I stormed the halls looking for Peter Kavinsky. How could he do this to me? He knows that wasn't the situation so why would he lie? I guess he is an asshole.

I spotted him at his locker with a bunch of his friends. "The fuck, Kavinsky?"

That earned a couple whoops and ooo's from his friends. I shot them a look as well.

"Whoa, what happened?" He asked, scrunching his eyebrows like a fucking idiot.

"You go around telling everyone that I lured you into my house to seduce you? Where did you pull that shit out of? Your ass? Because it definitely did not happen."

The boys were full on sobbing by now, laughing so hard that they could barely breathe. They kept shoving Kavinsky and throwing in little comments. It was annoying how annoying they were. How could anyone stand being near these guys?

"I never said that. Where'd you hear that?" He faked that innocent look, only making me more angry.

I scoffed, giving Peter a shove before walking away. I heard him calling after me but I didn't listen. The only thing I could see was red. And all of the people staring at me like I had just murdered someone.

The bell rang, thankfully, making everyone shut the fuck up and go to class. I jog into my first class, taking a seat and trying not to focus on the eyes that bore into my head.

But I couldn't. All I could think of was how much I wanted to punch Peter's perfect, stupid face.

I expected to be miserable for the rest of the day, but people stopped staring. They stopped whispering about me and throwing nasty glares. News gets around fast, so something else more interesting probably happened. Thank fuck.

The only person staring at me was Lara Jean Covey. I felt horrible when she looked at me. She wasn't one to be petty and throw shade, so she would send me a sorrowful smile. It was so much worse than the stares.

I wanted to curl up into a little ball and cry. Alyssa always told me when I felt like crying, do a handstand, that way the tears won't fall down. For the longest time I always thought that it was a stupid thing to do, but, right now, I was debating on whether I should try it or not.

Lunch went by quickly. Summer was over it, already talking about Sanderson and his 'dreamy smile'. If anyone had a dreamy smile in this school, it was Cody. But I had more things to worry about– like Kavinsky.

I should just leave it be. People are already over it. I wasn't being publicly humiliated anymore. I gave him my piece of mind already, right? So why did I still feel like shit? Maybe because for the first time ever, I saw Lara Jean and Peter fighting. They never fight. Was I the cause of it?

It haunted me for the rest of the day. There was no way I could cause a riff in the high school sweethearts' relationship. Could I?

Well, shit.