four

"this was a bad idea," irene muttered, gripping into seulgi's arm with both hands. "why are we doing this again?"

"because i haven't been out of the house in days," the bear explained patiently. "besides, you need some fresh air."

thankfully, the smaller girl couldn't wear her current attire in public, so she was forced to pull on some jeans.

which eased seulgi's fast pace slightly.

"i don't want to be out here," irene complained, tightening her grip every time someone walked by. "i'm not particularly fond of people in general."

the raven-haired girl let out a laugh. "being outside is good for you. besides, we're just getting ice cream."

irene visibly swallowed and clung on tighter.

"what's wrong?" seulgi asked, confused.

"i hate this, there's so many people," the bunny mumbled.

seulgi brushed a strand of hair behind the brunette's ear. "what's wrong with that?" she asked kindly.

"i don't like getting attached," she answered. "or talking. or being near people."

a frown appeared on the younger girl's face. "what about me?"

at that, irene looked down and remained silent.

"irene-ah?"

"i dunno," was her quiet reply. "i guess there was something different about you. you..." she trailed off uncertainly.

"yeah?"

"your eyes. that was it. they made me feel like you were looking right into my soul." irene looked up and stood on her tiptoes to see seulgi's eyes, as if she wanted to prove her point.

seulgi cleared her throat embarrassedly, extremely aware of the smaller girl's face inches away from hers.

the brunette's lips curved into a small smile. "i love your eyes. they're so beautiful."

seulgi let out an awkward chuckle, but irene didn't move. the older girl's eyes were trailing over every inch of seulgi's face.

just fucking kiss me, the taller girl thought desperately. just one centimetre closer, no one would notice.

irene seemed to snap out of her trance, and stepped down, blushing slightly.

"okay," she said in a small voice. "ice cream, you said?"

"y-yeah."

together they walked off, seulgi feeling frustrated and irene feeling downright terrified.

•••

"one chocolate, one vanilla, please," seulgi told the girl at the counter. The name tag read "jisoo".

"alright, anything else?" the purple-haired girl asked, scribbling something in a notepad.

"no, thank you," the bear said with a smile.

the instant seulgi sat back down next to irene, she felt a small hand on her thigh. it made that fuzzy, fluttery feeling come back even stronger.

"you were gone so long," irene pouted, oblivious to the fact that her hand on the younger girl's thigh was making her almost hyperventilate.

"sorry," seulgi managed to say, unconsciously inching closer to the smaller girl.

irene did notice, though, and she smiled and wrapped her free arm around seulgi's waist, letting her hand rest on the latter's flat stomach.

"irene-ah," seulgi said quietly.

"hm?"

the taller girl blinked twice, seeing irene trying and failing to stifle a yawn.

"come here," seulgi murmured, and irene laid her head on the younger girl's chest.

"one chocolate, one vanilla," said jisoo, holding two bowls.

seulgi took them both and set them down on the table.

"we can go home after if you want," she offered. irene remained silent, breathing unevenly.

"irene?"

after a few moments, the older girl spoke up. "maybe we could go somewhere else after. w-we don't have to go home, if y-you don't want."

seulgi felt her face split into a grin. "okay. what do you want to do, then?"

irene hummed indecisively and spooned her ice cream into her mouth. "dunno. maybe go to the park? b-but not the one on main street, that one's always s-so crowded.."

the younger girl nodded agreeably and finished her chocolate ice cream. "whenever you're ready, 'kay?"

irene licked her lips, just missing a vanilla smear in the corner of her mouth.

before she could think about it, seulgi wiped it away with the pad of her thumb, going slower than necessary.

irene's face flushed instantly, the same shade as seulgi's once she realized what she was doing.

"um, there was a spot you missed, and i just–" she tried to explain.

in response, the bunny took seulgi's hand in her own and interlocked their fingers, smiling.

"is this okay?" irene asked softly, her eyes sparkling.

seulgi nodded mutely, unable to speak.

"let's go."

•••

"it's so beautiful," irene said in awe. "why have i never been here before?"

seulgi nodded slightly. "beautiful."

the older girl turned around to find seulgi staring right at her. her cheeks turned pink.

"you were supposed to be looking at the statues," irene whispered embarrassedly. "not me."

seulgi just smiled and let her gaze flit down to their joined hands. irene claimed it made her feel calmer, holding her hand. the younger girl didn't care much, she just loved the feeling of irene's hand fitting perfectly in hers.

the bunny mumbled something incomprehensible, causing seulgi to look up. "what did you say?"

irene's cheeks reddened. "i said you're pretty too."

"i certainly feel pretty right now."

and who wouldn't, with irene's admiring gaze trailing up and down their body, finally coming to a stop at their face.

the smaller girl let out a giggle. "you should feel pretty all the time." all this flirting and hand-holding was making her dizzy. "you're pretty all the time, seulgi-ah."

seulgi blushed and squeezed irene's hand. "irene-ah?"

"yeah?"

"do you think, if i kissed you right now, would it be weird?" the bear asked hesitantly.

"seulgi-ah."

"yes?"

"do you think, that maybe, i've wanted you to kiss me ever since i saw you?"

their lips met in silence, neither of them feeling the cold wind blowing around them. irene's fingers curled at seulgi's chest and stayed there.

finally seulgi opened her eyes and pulled back. they both stared at each other for a while, lips parted slightly, wondering what had just happened.

after a long moment of silence, irene spoke up breathlessly. "i feel pretty now too."

seulgi smiled at the smaller girl and kissed her forehead. "you are."