19.Bonfires and Betrayal

Ok guys, I edited chapter 14, The woman in the looking glass so please go back and read that so you are not confused. Thank you for reading!!

Ariah's POV

It's finally the day of the treaty with the Moon pack and I can't deny, that I dont know what's going to happen. Will Alpha Layton poison his son completely against me and Tobias is no doubt bitter that I rejected him, he will want to get back at me but with what and how. Our Alpha's gaurd is ready, they live to fight for our pack and by my side, I have not only the best soldiers out there but our family and help from my mystical friends, yes including Rafael, my shape shifter. There is only one problem; I don't want to fight, I just want us to be civil, a lovely dinner and then our traditions carried out sealing another year of peace.
I step out in an elegant jump suit and wedges, my hair in a bun with silk strands framing my face, a touch of make up and gladiator bracelets which actually activate power, they look so normal plus chic .They belonged to Zuri until she gave them to me on my birthday, I've seen what they can do, it's not pretty.

"There's my amazing girl," I hear my mom say behind me. In walks my father and Poppie behind her, all dressed smartly and with smiles in their faces. Gosh I love them, "Are you ready for this evening cherry top," Poppie starts. I reply with a classic, "I've never been more ready"
I finally notice dad holding a rectangular box, he looks at me in the eye and then back at the box. He opens it revealing a beautiful silver necklace, it looked like a choker, lace and silver entwined together and in the centre of the piece was our packs pendant, the red wolf surrounded by knives and flowers. The gem sparkled at sight, I was in awe. My father, mother and Poppie wore matching pendants as pins on their suit and my mother on her shawl. "Your grandmother made these for us before she sentenced herself to death, this necklace specifically belonged to her and I can't think of a better person to wear it tonight on one of her favourite days; you." My father finished. Poppie took it and placed it around my neck, the red gem rattled has if accepting its bearer. Pride filled me, I was going to wear it like a badge of honour. After a while of repetitive compliments and happy wishing, my mom and Poppie left, leaving me with my dad. He had tears in his eyes but why, my dad was never the emotional type. At times he was cold and strict but never emotional. "What's wrong dad?"
Tears flow down his face and my heart cringes, he wipes his face quickly before he begins."I know I am also tough on you but its all because I am scared, scared to lose you the way I lost my mother. Her death still haunts me to this very day and I just want to protect you because I could never forgive myself if something bad happened to you, " he pauses and controls the tears.

"Ariah my sweet girl, I know what they were doing to you all these years, the bullying." I look at him in shock, I'm embarrassed actually that I thought I could hide it. "I am so sorry that I did not do a better job at protecting you," he finishes, with more water works.
I realise that I have been crying this whole time, I quickly embrace him with a tight hug, muttering forgiveness and love over and over, I really did have the best family, my life would fall apart if one member were not here.
"Tell anyone I was crying and I tell your mom that Rafael is the one that ruined her dandelions ," he states with humour laced over his face. "Dad, thats blackmail," I screech but he just shrugs and laughs.

I fix my make-up, hair and head downstairs the ceremony just begun.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Unknown POV

"The time to strike is now, these dumb werewolves won't know what hit them," He states.
"I don't know why you are impatient, I'm the one that had to be undercover for almost 7 years to turn them against each other, poisoning their food, drinks and making them hate that bitch Ariah ." She finishes.
"Both of you shut up, your giving me a headache," I snicker, they both cower away. "What is certain is that we are striking tonight, and our kind will return to its formal glory,"
Next we hear  shuffling, "shit!" she exclaims, someone heard us, I think it was Tamai, it smells faintly like her. "Calm down, kill her before she croaks," and just like that the plan is set in motion.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Ariah's POV

"Cheers!" Everyone exclaims with glasses in the air.

"It's so great that this is our 33rd anniversary of our packs treaty, it has been a rough 3 years but here we are still standing strong," Poppie states. "I wish many more fruitful years to come from our pact.

"Hear hear!" Everyone murmurs.

"I found the golden spotted flower in the mid east, Zuri whispers in my ear,  Camilla ,Rylan and I  laugh at her because she is always working she needs to relax. "Zuri this is no time for work, we will talk about this later," She rolls her eyes at me and sips on her whiskey. A bubbly Camilla talking to my brother rather closely and Rylan chiming in but trying to get my attention, he knows what happened with Tobias and now I am masked, so he has kept a friendly distance.

I look around the table and just like before, I see my family and the Moon family conversing in peace except  Tamai isn't at the table I wonder where  she could be. I'm doing a great job ignoring Tobias with the way he looks tonight ; delicious , he looks mad at me but I'm trying not to care. Its too bad we are going to have to stand on stage together our families right behind us.
As I make  my way up the stage,  i feel Tamai grab me by the elbow, fear laced in her eyes,   I instantly feel acid move in gut, this can't be good. Tobias comes by his sister's side. " Ariah I am so sorry for everything we have ever done to you, but it wasnt our intention, Leila is a fake, she and her kind have been planning to kill us all, for years now."

"What do you mean her kind," Tobias questions, now everyone is listening. "There are planning to attack tonight, they are the same people who killed our grandparents; they are soul crawlers and they turned... before she could finish an arrow was shot right through her, tearing her dress, making her plummet to the ground. Screams split through the air,  and footsteps approach. Alpha Layton in all my life he looks conflicted. He is upset but cold all at once.
My skin shivers at the sight of Toby holding a dying Tamai, I think on my feet and do the only thing I can to save my friend, I start freezing her. "What do you think you are doing!" Layton shouts but I ignore him until I complete the freezing. I try help but more arrows fly through the air  forcing me to put up a force field to protect everyone. How can we have not smelt that awful stench of these creatures charging at us on their shadow horses.

The Luna of the Moon pack is clutching her daughters near to lifeless cold body while Tobias clutches my hand like it was the last time, surprisingly I kiss him and let our bond give us energy for what was about to happen. Everybody in a battle stance, we have a lot of wolves here but we still seem to be outnumbered by these soul crawlers. I look for my family, making sure the teenagers and the elderly are safe including my Aiden and Poppie. Rafael lands on my shoulder, ready to go dragon on their asses. My parents look startled but ready, I lock eyes with my father who reassures me that we still have hope, I mouth an I love you to both of them,he nods and winks.
"We fight for each other to the death!" My father and I scream and with that thousands of wolves shift from man to beast.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

What a wild chapter... these bloody soul crushers. They are these creatures that can Crush your soul😂😂
Ok on a serious note these things are evil creatures.

I know I haven't updated in a while... school as been killing me but im trying.

Love kmtnic
xoxo ♡