Chapter Seventy-Three: I'm Here

Third Person POV

The predator began to stalk its prey. A grin was spread across the Aristocrat's face, a grin plastered there by Rido Kuran.

However, one person stood in his way.

"Hello, Kuran," he cooed deviously. "Tonight is a wonderful night. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Don't play me as a fool, Rido," Kaname spat. "I know exactly what you're here for."

"Do you?" the Aristocrat asked with a sly smile. "You think you're so clever, yet you can't even see what's right under your nose."

In the blink of an eye, a hand wrapped around his throat. He looked unfazed by Kaname's sudden action. In fact, you could even say he looked pleased.

"You're so rash," he mustered as Kaname's grip on him tightened. "If you think you're hurting me you're wrong. All you're doing is hurting the one your beloved sister loves."

If anything happened to Senri, Akane would break. Kaname knew this. He knew their past together and he knew how he was there for her when she needed someone.

Especially when he couldn't be there for her.

Senri was a light for Akane to follow. He was her first friend that she could trust after being misleaded. If that light disappeared, who knows what the result would be.

The first time that happened she changed and it wasn't for the better. However, being reunited with him again, and even Ikuto, brought that side of her back.

Now they were in the present. Rido had taken him away from her again. Except this time things were different. Ikuto was preoccupied, away from the academy, and Senri wasn't taken away instantly. He was there but not in his mind. Rido had trapped his consciousness elsewhere, making room for him to take over. All of this was a plan to make her break once more.

Would she?

"I won't kill this boy," the Pureblood said, releasing his grip on Rido. "I wouldn't hurt my sister more than you made her believe I did."

"Haha, you have hurt her, Kaname," Rido said. "She's trying so hard to deny it but it's true. All you and your parents have done is hurt her, neglect her. She'll never forget what you've all done!"

A crazed look spread across his face. Kaname stayed silent and the Aristocrat smiled deviously.

"You know everything, don't you?" Rido asked as his face settled. "It makes sense. After all, you drank her blood. Was it delicious? I must say, it might be the best thing I've ever tasted."

The Pureblood ignored his question. "Your plan won't work. You might say she is denying the truth, but the only thing she is denying is the lies."

"Kaname, Kaname, Kaname..." Rido shook his head. "Whenever she denies it she is simply faced with the truth once more. She'll never unsee those painful memories."

"Memories you put there. You have no reason to keep her in your grasp any longer, so why keep her from knowing the truth?"

Rido tilted his head. "She hasn't given me everything I want yet. I need to become stronger...." Kaname's eyes narrowed. "....to take what is mine!"

The sound of thunder could be heard in the distance. It made Rido chuckle.

"Have I made you angry?"

"I'll tell you one thing, Rido...." Kaname clenched his fists. "You won't bring Akane down to your crazed level."

Rido chuckled as he held his hand out in front of him. "It's in her blood, Kaname, and you know exactly why. She might not have my mismatched eyes but she does have that blood-red hue to them. All she needs to do is get one taste of blood...." He clenched his hand into a fist. "....and there goes the sweet little girl you care about."