Chapter Seventeen: Goodbye

"Damn it," I hissed, leaning against the wall for support.

For the past ten minutes I had been clawing my way out of my bedroom and trying to find someone to help me. My legs...I couldn't feel them. I couldn't stand, and even if I put one foot on the ground I would instantly fall when I put pressure on it. I felt helpless, but I was also enraged. I knew who did this to me, and I wouldn't stop trying until I found him.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming from down the hallway. When I turned my head I saw Senri pacing towards me. He had a look of worry on his face, and I had no idea if he knew what was wrong with me, that I was paralyzed from the waist down.

"Akane are you okay?" Senri asked worried, kneeling down to my level.

"Well if you don't count that I can't feel my legs than yeah I'm just perfect!" I hissed in anger. Senri's eyes turned wide eyed as I looked away. Moments later I looked back at him to see his face down and when he lifted it his face also showed rage.

"Rido," he growled. "This is unforgivable."

Before I had a chance to speak Senri lifted me up bridal style and walked in the direction I was trying to head in moments ago. As I opened my mouth to speak Senri said, "I know what he did to you, and Ikuto. This is the damned result?! I can't forgive him."

I looked wide eyed at Senri as he continued forward. I didn't say a word, so I rested my head on Senri's shoulder and sighed. I stayed like this for awhile, masking my anger and just letting myself cool off. But then we got to the main hall, and all the drama started.

"Ikuto!" I exclaimed suddenly, jumping out of Senri's arms. "Ikuto!!"

I instantly fell to the ground, which was expected of course. I looked up and saw Ikuto looking wide eyed at me before running my way. Senri helped me up from the floor, before handing my limp body to Ikuto.

"Ikuto are you--" Before I could finish my sentence Ikuto wrapped his arms around me and I heard soft sobbing. I slowly wrapped my arms around him as well as I heard his soft cries turn louder. Ikuto was the first to let go and look into my worried eyes.

"I'm sorry Akane," he mumbled. "I had to."

"What do you--" Before I could ask what he meant I saw my uncle standing behind Ikuto. He had a grin plastered on his face as he grabbed Ikuto by the collar and lifted him to his feet. My eyes were wide and I was very confused. But then my uncle spoke.

"You wanted me to save him, didn't you? Let's just say we made a deal."

My eyes went wide. A deal? What does my uncle mean? And Ikuto accepted it? Why would Ikuto strike a deal with my uncle when I already told Rido that if he didn't save Ikuto he wouldn't have anymore of my blood?

"What deal?" I asked in rage, glaring up at my uncle.

"Let's just say that if I were to save him he'd have to leave."

I looked at Ikuto hastily and he instantly looked down to the ground in shame, or was it because he was sad? I suddenly heard Ikuto's thoughts in my mind: if I left he wouldn't hurt you anymore.

"Ikuto no!" I exclaimed. "You can't!"

"Akane--" Ikuto started sadly, but quickly got cut off.

"I'm paralyzed! I need you, please don't go!" I screeched as Senri helped me up. "I need both of you."

Ikuto looked into my eyes, which were now full of tears. He did a faint smile at me and caressed my cheek, to which my eyes grew wider. I suddenly felt Ikuto's arms around me and I heard him whisper, "I'm sorry but we'll see each other again, I promise. You'll get through this, even without--" Before Ikuto could finish what he was saying my uncles voice boomed behind us.

"Ikuto I order you to leave."

No, I thought.

Not even a second later Ikuto stood and headed towards the door in dead silence. I screamed his name, but he didn't respond. Rido made him leave, and because he didn't leave right away he made Ikuto leave by force.

I instantly began to ball my eyes out and I felt Senri hug me from the side. He too was sad, but he didn't shead no tears. He had a simple frown on his face, but his eyes turned wide as he looked at who entered the manor next.

"M-mother?!" Senri exclaimed shocked.

I looked up and with blurry eyes I saw the figure of a woman with long maroon colored hair, the same color as Senri's. She also had his icy blue eyes, and I could instantly tell that was in fact Senri's mother. But what would she be doing here?

"Senri," she purred, looking our way. "We're going home."

"What?!" Senri exclaimed. "Since when do you want me there?!"

"I've missed you. So please, come home. You don't belong here," his mother said hastily, with her hand over her heart, as she made her way towards us.

"I do! Akane is here!" Senri yelled in rage, clutching me tightly.

I suddenly heard loud footsteps behind us and four hands grabbed Senri and began to pull him away from me. Senri was kicking and screaming my name and Rido held one of my wrists tightly to keep me from moving.

"Senri!" I screeched.

"Aka--" The doors suddenly slammed shut and Senri was out of sight. I stopped struggling in my uncles grasp and Rido let go of my wrist. I felt tears form in my eyes and I began to whimper. My uncle walked in front of me with a grin plastered on his lips.

"Enjoy your time alone Akane," he hissed. "You can't rely on others now."

I stayed silent and I looked up at my uncle with eyes of burning hatred, "Your a monster. I HATE YOU!"

I suddenly felt a hand gripping my throat and in a second I was in my room. Rido slammed me of the floor and I gripped my leg in pain. Even though I couldn't use it, I could still feel the pain emitting from it.

"How ironic of you to say Akane," Rido purred. "Considering your parents said the same thing about you." Rido then paused for a second to look into my wide eyes and my now bleeding leg. "I think you should enjoy some time alone. Don't worry, someone will come and get you soon."

"No--" I leaned forward and I fell on my face. Rido left my room hastily and I heard a clicking sound emitting from the other side. So, Rido yet again locked me in my room. I clenched my hands into fists and punched my legs, yelling, "Move dammit!" I then paused and looked upon my left hand, now soaked in blood. I didn't care. I clenched my hands once again. But this time I wrapped myself in my own embrace. I began to cry, and cry, and cry. My cheeks were red and puffy, with my eyes streaming tears uncontrollably. At that point I just wanted to die.

Because I lost the two most important people in my life.