Chapter Thirty-Five: Interogation

I showed Maria every inch of Cross Academy; the main building, Sun Dorms, and so on. The last place I showed her was the Swan Fountain and she adored the sight of it. As we were walking back to the Moon Dorms, since the sun was beginning to set, Maria suddenly grabbed my wrist. I turned and saw her smiling at me, however her face looked seductive.

"I'm so happy you showed me around Cross Academy," she said sweetly. "I feel like I know my way around a lot better now."

"That's good," I said with a sly smile. "However, we need to get back so we won't be late for class."

"Aww," Maria pouted. "If we must."

We began walking in the direction of the Moon Dorms once more. Within minutes Maria stopped in her tracks and asked me a very strange question.

"Do you know someone by the name of Zero Kiryu?" she asked.

"Y-yes," I said. "Why do you want to know?"

"Well," Maria mumbled hesitantly, "I met Zero earlier when I came here and... well... he didn't seem to like me."

"He's like that with everybody he meets," I said. "Don't take it to heart."

I noticed Maria grin before looking directly at me, smile, and ask, "Do you like me?"

I turned wide eyed before saying hesitantly, "O-of course."

Maria's face lit up and she wrapped one of her arms around one of mine. I was surprised, but I got even more surprised by what she did next. Maria pulled me down to her level, and caressed my cheek.

"I'm so glad," she said in a low, serious voice. Her face turned seductive and serious. Maria let go of me and paced a few steps ahead. Se turned and said with a smile, "We better hurry back so we won't miss class."

Maria began skip back to the Moon Dorms as I stood in place, completely shocked.

What the hell was that? I thought. That was--

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man with silver hair watching me. I couldn't see his face, since half of it was covered by a mask. The second he realized I noticed his presence he ran off without a trace.

Zero? I thought. No, he'd be in his uniform.

"Hey, Maria!" I exclaimed so she could hear me. "Come back here for a second."

Maria ran back over to me and looked up at me with an innocent face.

"What is it?" she asked nervously, well, at least she sounded that way.

"I think we should head to class instead of the Moon Dorms. Now that I think about it the Night Class usually heads to class a little early."

"If you insist," Maria said with a smile.

Within minutes Maria and I arrived at the classroom. Luckily the Night Class was already there so we obviously weren't super early.

I went and took a seat next to Senri, leaving an open seat next to me. I'm sure you all know who it is for. However, within seconds another vampire took their seat next to me, Maria Kurenai.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" she asked with a pleading face.

"Sure," I said hesitantly.

A smile crossed Maria's face before she got up suddenly and walked over to Kaname. I wonder why she asked if she could sit next to me if she just got up right after. Maria took Kaname's hand into hers and exclaimed, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Kaname!"