Chapter Four: The Gift

Nothing made me happier than the moment Senri's face lit up when he saw the early breakfast I prepared for him. I even went as far as to make his favorite breakfast: bacon, eggs, and toast. I know, I know, it might seem like a normal breakfast but he rarely gets it.

"Wow!" He exclaimed. "It's my favorite!"

I giggled, "I know, Senri. I know."

Senri ran right up to the table and began to gobble the food down. I too paced my way towards the table. Once I took a seat I looked up at Senri and smiled.

"What?" He asked.

I giggled once more as I pointed my index finger to my lips. He had some bread crumbs on his face which made him look so adorable. He quickly rubbed his face with his sleeve, obviously a little embarrassed.

"After your done eating I have a surprise," I purred.

Senri looked up from his breakfast, "What is it?"

"It's a surprise silly!" I giggled. "It's nothing much but I hope you'll like it."

As Senri tilted his head in confusion I grabbed his wrist and ran to a corner of the kitchen with a piece of cardboard over it. I took the piece of cardboard off and made him followed me down a narrow pathway to our destination. This place was a secret, no one knew about this place except for me. But now Senri will know, only because I trust him. I don't trust anyone as much as Senri, we are inseparable.

I had put curtains in front of his big birthday surprise. It would spoil the fun if he saw it early. Are you thinking massive curtains that they put in front of stages of opera houses or theaters? No, it wasn't that type. These curtains are what you'd put in front of a little puppet booth. You know, the little boxes which carry out a scene with puppets.

Senri walked in front of me but I stopped him in his tracks. I said, "You can't see what's behind the curtain yet."

He sighed, "Ok, ok, you lead the way."

I smiled up at Senri before pacing my way towards his gift. I wrapped my fingers around the golden rope and said, "Ready?"

Senri nodded his head, eager to see my gift to him. I lifted the curtains slowly, revealing a rectangle shaped purple box with a black bow on top. Senri rushed forward and snatched the gift, examining it very closely.

"Go ahead, open it!" I exclaimed.

Senri untied the black bow and opened the box. Inside was a black stuffed bunny with red eyes. Senri's face lit up once more when he saw it. Senri had been wanting that rabbit for the longest time, ever since he saw it out in town and gave me the perfect description of it when he returned.

Senri cradled the bunny, "Thank you so much Akane! But..."

"Don't worry Senri, it'll be fine." I cooed.

I suddenly felt another presence in the room with us. I'm sure Senri could sense it as well, and see it. His eyes went wide. I slowly turned and saw my uncle Rido making his way towards me.

"Akane!" Rido exclaimed.

"Rido...?" I muttered with shock in my voice.

Rido grabbed by wrist fiercely and pulled my face towards his. His face looked so...twisted and angry. How could he...

"I told you before, you are not allowed outside!"

I looked over at Senri for a few brief seconds before turning my head back to my uncle. I did a heavy sigh before saying, "I know. But I had to."

"Had to? HAD TO?" He growled. "You didn't have to do anything, Akane, nothing at all! You disobeyed my orders so you know that you shall be punished."

Rido began to walk out of the room, still gripping my wrist firmly. I look back at Senri, with a look of worry. What will Rido do to me? No one knows. But despite that I smiled at Senri, telling him that everything would be alright.

Before long Rido threw me across the floor of my bedroom before closing the door. I heard a clicking from the other side, he locked me in my own room. Is this his way of punishing me? No, the punishing wasn't over yet.

To be honest I was scared, I was actually shaking! Rido had never been that cruel to me. So what if I went out of the manor to get Senri a gift, a special gift at that? I'm safe, yet I'm still being punished.

I hoped it wasn't going to be a bad one; boy was I wrong.

Senri's POV

I slowly began to make my way towards my room, still clutching the stuffed rabbit Akane got me. She went though so much trouble to get it for me. And now she was paying the price, a price of which she doesn't deserve to pay.

As I opened the door to my room I saw a tall man standing before me. I shivered, thinking he would punish me as well.

"Poor poor Akane," Rido purred. "What ever shall I do to her? Oh! I have an idea. What if someone she loves does something to her? What an excellent plan, don't you agree?"

I stepped back in fright, "W-What do you mean...?"

"Akane has not yet felt the pain of losing blood; why don't that be the first punishment?" Rido snickered. "And what about her best friend be the one to do it to her?"

"No!" I exclaimed, suddenly getting a boost of confidence. "You won't make me hurt Akane!"

I suddenly see a rope of blood go through me. Rido snickered, I know what he was going to do. He was going to possess me, to make me hurt Akane.

"Oh but I will Senri," he purred. "Now, enjoy your little nap."

I fell into darkness.