16

Gus's pov:

  I turn around with a bucket of popcorn and two Mountain Dew's. Rose's pink hair flows from behind. She's so beautiful. I've fallen so hard and its starting to scare me. What if I lose her? It'll push me over the edge like it did with Layla.

I get closer and see someone else leaning against my truck. I see the yellow and blue football jacket. I feel a growl come up my throat as I get closer. Rose has an expression drawn between anger and confusion.

"Go away Danny." She says. Her face is serious. And hurt.

I sneak behind and put my stuff down. Rose notices and I put a finger to my lips. I see her lips twitch.
°
°
°
Rose's pov:

"C'mon Rosey. Gus doesn't love you,"Gus stands behind Danny with a silly face. He sticks his tongue out, and I have to hold in my laugh. I pretend to laugh at Danny, and Gus starts acting like a monkey. I force my laugh back down my throat.

"I rather have Gus than you." I say boldly.

And its true . Danny has never been worth the time and pain. I loved him at a time, but it's like how in the world would i fall for someone so... retarded. He played around, blamed me, then came running back.

"You made me look bad today you know. Kissing that Goth boy while I'm standing a few feet away. Make me look bad."his face shows some type of emotion I've never seen on him. His eyes glaze over like he just realized what he just said.

Goth Boy

"Gus is better than you. He didn't treat me like I'm worthless."

"Who would ever love a mistake?" Danny says laughing. Gus's face behind him changes into a lot of emotions. I see in his dark eyes many things; sadness, anger, and regret to name a few. His body goes relaxed. I hop up and push Danny out of the way. I hug Gus. I feel a tear drop hit my face.

I turn to Danny.

" You just don't know when to shut up do you?" Anger builds. I slap Danny. His head goes back and he falls back. He holds his face. I feel a hand grab my wrist. Danny gets up before i can do anything.

"Your worthless Rosey. I loved you. But no, one popular isn't enough." The hand disappears, and I see a Gus and Danny, a foot away. Gus's fist hits Danny in the jaw. A loud popping sound returns with it. Danny lays on the ground holding his face. His friends come over and drag Danny away. Gus walks and grabs the drinks he put down. I sit on the tailgate as he moves to get in. He puts the drinks on the tool box and popcorn on my side, so we can reach it.

The movie starts and Gus holds me tight. Scream starts and we watch in silence. Gus kisses my forehead. I look around the parking lot. We're in the back, and nobody even pays attention to Gus. I lean up and he looks confused. I sling my leg over him, and he grabs my waist. I look down at him. He bites his lip. I lean down and kiss him softly. He smiles. His breath touches my face. I smell cinnamon. I kiss him again. Longer this time. I pull away again.

"It's fun falling for a hottie." He says.

"Awe." I say.

"Let's go somewhere."

"Okay." We slowly move putting everything up. I get in, and he pats his lap again. I again move resting my head on his shoulder. My head fits perfectly in the crook of his neck. I slowly move as he starts driving. I kiss his neck. He tenses under me. I take it up a notch and bite small leaving hickeys. His hand grips my hip. I leave another bite. He moans a bit. I hear him turn away.

"Did you moan?" I ask.

"Yes." He says quietly.

"It was sexy." He turns the wheel. I look out the window and see the park. He parks in our usual spot opening the door. He carries me out and stands. He closes the door with his foot and takes me over to the swing. He sits me in my swing and sits in his own.

"I feel them."He says staring at the lake.

"Feel what?"

"Where your lips were." He finally looks at me. This time, his eyes are filled with hurt. And tears.

Past: Danny Silverstone

"Rose is a ho ho ho Danny." My sister says. I scroll through Rose's Instagram. The door bell rings. Danella gets up with heavy motions and stomps her way up stairs. I stand and follow closely.
"What's your problem sis?" I ask.
"You are using Rose. You cheat on her but you stay for clout. Throw her out before you hurt her more. "

"I love her." I say lying straight to my sisters face. My twin sisters. My only family member who doesn't think I'm that retarded.
"Go screw with her more. You'll break her. I don't like her but it doesn't mean I don't care."I turn and go down opening the door.
Rosey stands there. Her eyes puffy and I already know why. Her eyes filled with hurt.
"Let's me expla-" I stop as her hand goes across my face. I touch it.

"Is it that easy to cheat on me?" She says calmly. Her mascara is running down her cheeks. Her red hair in a messy ponytail, " it must be expecially with someone 4 years younger. Someone barley outta elementary."
"Rosey?" I say faking a whine. I honestly use her for the awards. Cutest couple. Straight hitter. And no one would dare leave me.
"Call me when your actually sorry." She steps off my porch. Leaving me remembering the look in her eyes.

Present: Rose Gardens

His eyes search mine. I feel my hand shake. His dark eyes flood out. I see a tear fall in the barley visible light of the moon.

"You think I don't care." I say.

"Danny's right. Who would love a mistake?"

"Your not a mistake," I say softly. "Your the one person who makes me happy." And it's true.
I wasn't happy with Danny and then Gus walked through the door. I didn't think about getting close. He had that corky smile.

Can I get your name at least? He asked me once.

Rosey. But most called me Rosey or Rose.

I'll call you Rose cause your as beautiful as one.

"If your a mistake then I'm one." I say. I stand and head to the truck he follows me.

"So that's it." I turn back.

"You'll see."