Ch 5 - Something Different

The warm summer day was hot but had a nice breeze. Sun was shinning bright for it to be only 6:45am. My shift ended a little earlier today , so i headed straight to taco bell before the lines. I was starving and ordered a lot of food. A breakfast steak wrap and a burrito with a large mountain dew. 

                    It was now Friday. 

Meaning the video had been up four days. I hadn't checked on it since the boys commented on it.  So i decided to go check on it , reply to some comments and what not. I took a big sigh and went to the video. What i saw amazed me. The support was beyond overwhelming.

" HOLY CRAP!" i yelled. 

My video had gone up to 50k views and 600 comments since the other day! This was the most popular any of my videos had ever been. I was at 70 thousand subscribers when the video was posted less than a week ago. I had hit 72 thousand since. I gained 2,000 subs in less than a week. 

There was something different about this video. 

I replied to all the comments. Every single one. It took hours. After spending so much time talking to the fans in the comment section and thanking them for the support , i made my way to twitter and thanked everyone once again for all the love. 

A few weeks went by with more videos went up, the subscriber count went up and soon came new opportunities. I was amazed at the love and support i had been getting. 

It was now July and the weather grew more bipolar. Some days rain , some heat waves and storms here and there. Today marked one year since my friend had killed himself and i wasn't handling it well. Our best friend Jaime had gotten us both tickets to go see a Tour. 

This year Digi had decided to do a summer tour. Wanted to switch it up i guess. My subscriber count was now at 100k and you know what that means!! My first play button ! I had gotten the letter from youtube congratulating me , so now all i had left was the button. So, i was happy but sad at the same time. We had planned this day together ages ago because we both knew we wouldn't be okay. So we thought if we gave our-self a better memory for the day then maybe it wouldn't be as hard. Good idea but we both knew deep down , it was useless.  It had been a year since and we still weren't over it. Honestly , i doubt we every really will. I know they say time heals all wounds but i personally don't agree. It started seeming like the more time , the harder it was. 

AS i sat there waiting on Jaime to get there , i sat and thought about things. Where i was last year, what i was doing and who i was with. This time last year i had more friends, a boyfriend and a dying friend. In some way things had gotten worse but better. I had to remove the toxicity in my life in order to grow but i had refused to believe these people were toxic. Th second i did , the better i was. I had to make a lot of hard choices the last year. Part of growing up , i guess. 

It was Friday and the last day of June , meaning tomorrow was digi , a new video and the one year. So needless to say it was going to be a very hectic and stressful day. Despite the fact i dreaded the number of the date , i was still excited because Digi is always fun. 

This tour had my boy Eben on it. One reason she got me tickets. I watched him on idol and had met him twice since. I love that man. He's just so, so talented. Badzach , Nick Bean , Ricky Dillion , Kian and Jc Caylen as well as many others. So this year was going to be a good show! 

After about an hour Jaime finally arrived and we then we talked about the video , the subs and outfits for the weekend. Digi was in Nashville this time and so we figured we would leave friday afternoon and get a hotel and stay till Sunday. 

I packed a bag , we got gas and we hit the road for this weekend trip. 

* Jack's POV* 

Today was the day myself , the boys and Eben were going to Nashville. We got onto a plain that Thursday and arrived early Friday morning. Eben was playing at digi this year and Jonah had wanted to go check the tour out since it was one of his first tours. He went to one in 2015 where he met the girl. So between Jonah and Eben we all decided to go and make a trip out of it. In case anyone recognized us we brought some hidden costumes to help blend us in during the show. We were there to support Eb , not get attention. 

Our flight from L.A. arrived at the Nashville airport at around 8am. We got a car for the weekend since we debated on staying longer , so in case we did stay we had a ride. Eben got us checked into our hotel and we all ate breakfast at the hotel food court and then went and crashed in our rooms. Eben , jonah and Zach shared a room while Corbyn and Daniel had a room. The hotel booked us the wrong way. They gave us 3 rooms and we had paid ahead of time. So i paid for my one bed , small room and just went with it. We were all confused but just brushed it off because we were to tired to care. 

I walked up the bright white hallway with the typical hotel decorations and swiped my key for my room. They boys all yelled goodnight and went our own ways. 

My room was smaller than the others but not tiny , if that makes sense. It had a bathroom , a small bed that maybe two people could manage to sleep on and a small sofa. It also had a tv , a table and lamps. Pretty much the typical hotel room, just a smaller bed. To tired to care , i stripped down to just my boxers and plopped into the bed. I laid there for a while restless and checked twitter. 

As usual , the mystery girl was on my mind. Being honest she hadn't left since i saw the video but i felt as though i was getting on the boys nerves , so i stopped bringing her up as much. 

I had also made a fake account to stalk and talk to fans. I knew they would treat me differently knowing it was me , so i made a fan account, all about the band and youtubers. Savannah being one of the YouTubers. That way i could meet fans and still talk about her without annoying anyone. I just couldn't stop thinking about her. She was on my mind 24/7. Awake or asleep , i couldn't stop thinking about her. 

There was just something different about her. I couldn't figure it out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xoxoxooxoxoox

hope you enjoy.

- savvy