Chapter 49

Hey guys, sorry there wasn't an update last week but there is one now so. If you want you can play the music up top. If you want to. Enjoy the chapter.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
It was dark after Gray and I defeated Chelia and Lyon. Both of us were injured from Chelia and Lyon's attacks.

A blast of white magic was shot up into the sky. I knew full well that it was Sting letting us know where he was. It looks like it's not too far from where I last saw him.

Was this his plan all along? to fight all of us at once. If he wants Lector back from Minerva he'd have to win, that is what he told me.

Gray and I started making our way to the bright ball light in the sky. I had to help Gray walk because his injuries were worse than mine since he did fight Rufas before coming to help me.
______________________________

(Time skip)

Gray and I met up with the others in the clearing where Sting was waiting for us. The moonlight making it easy to see everyone. Gajeel came over to Gray and I to help Gray stand while I went over to stand next to Laxus.

Laxus gave me one of his famous smirks and I smiled back as our other team members stood beside us, all in a line, staring at Sting, waiting to see if he would strick first. But instead, he just stood there looking cocky

"Now there's a sight. It's weird, being surrounded by the hero's of my childhood really isn't all that grand." He said smirking smugly.

" Enough chit chat. We didn't come out here to make pals " Gajeel growled

" We'll fight you one on one, pick somebody," Gray said

" Why not all at once?" Sting asked " With thoughts injuries, one on one would be boring"

" I wouldn't underestimate us, Sting. Just ask your comrades. " I warned him

" Wouldn't dream of it. I'm trying to treat you with the respect you deserve. That's why I'll destroy you all together. I've been waiting for this, I'll show you how strong I've become. I'll do it for Lector! " Sting yelled

" You wanna fight us by yourself, are you serious" Laxus asked in disbelief

Does he look like he's kidding?

" Of course I am, I'm more than a match for you. Losing Lector brought me pain, but it also granted me a new power. For Lector, for my best friend, I'm going to beat you and win it all!" Sting yelled

Erza took a step forward using her katakana as a walking stick

" Very well," She said," If you insist on seeing this through till the end, we'll give you the fight you want."

That seemed to please Sting because he then yelled: " Now your talking!"

We all got ready to fight once again.

Sting formed a ring of beautiful, pure white light around him.

"Prepare to witness, the awakened power of a dragon slayer."He yelled once again but he then got a good look at all of us and for some reason, he stopped. The beautiful white ring surrounding him disappeared and he was left standing to look at us in shock.

He then took a step forward but fell to his knees in front of us.

" I can't do it, I can't beat you.  I surrender" He muttered

As thoughts words left his mouth the crowd in the arena went wild.

We won.

Fairytail had won the grand magic games and became the number 1 guild in Fiore.

I took a look at my friends and boyfriend. They all had giant smiles on their faces. I jumped into Laxus' arms, squealing as he spun me around.

" We did it! " I exclaimed in happiness as Laxus set me on my feet. 

I looked over at Sting, who was still on his knees sobbing quietly.

I felt bad for him. Now because Fairytail won, he won't get to see Lector again. So why did he give up? That was his chance.

I silently walked over to Sting and knelt down on the floor, in front of him.

"Sting, why did you back down from the fight?" I asked softly

" I was so sure I'd win. That was all I had to do, and I would see him again. But all of a sudden, it's as if I just lost hope. I don't know why exactly, but I know I don't have your strength and I guess I just felt like I didn't deserve to see him. Not yet." Sting cried still glaring at the floor.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see Erza standing above me. She looked over to where Millianna was standing to wave with something in her arms.

It was Lector.

" Uh Sting, you might wanna see this"

After I said Sting looked up to see his best friend safe and sound.

I went back to Laxus as Sting got up and ran to Lector, crying tears of joy at the fact that his best friend was back.

Sting hugged Lector while kneeling down and honestly it kinda made me miss (E/N) a bit. I hope she's ok, she went with Natsu and the others to go save Lucy. I just hope they haven't got themselves in trouble.

Hey, guys hope you enjoyed. Like always next chapter will be up next week. Until then, bye guys.