Chapter Forty One: London

Start from the beginning

The walls had large windows that revealed London. I wandered around the room, looking at the dressers and opening the closet. I explored the bathroom too, seeing it was surprisingly big.

I decided to take a shower, getting undressed quickly and pulling out my pajamas.

'This new job is great!' I thought cheerfully, grabbing all of my toiletries.

I took a rather luxurious shower. Once I was ready and prepped for bed, I stared checking my phone. I was going to search for places to explore when I received a text message.

Can you meet me outside?

I quirked my brow at the sudden message from Shownu. I was worried that maybe something was wrong.

Yeah, I'll be right out. I responded.

I threw on a jacket over my pajamas and slipped on some shoes.

I hurried out of my hotel room to see Shownu waiting nervously down the hallway.

'He's like a puppy.' I chuckled.

"Shownu!" I called after him, jogging over to him.

He turned around and smiled at me, waving.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Come with me." He said, motioning towards the hallway. He lead me to the elevator and we took a silent ride down to the lobby. I followed behind Shownu, watching his broad back, as he lead me out to the nighttime streets of London.

"I hope you don't mind." He muttered once we were on the street, "I wanted to go sightseeing, but I didn't want to tell anyone."

I laughed, "Of course I don't mind! I want to go sightseeing too!"

Shownu smiled, that cute lopsided smile, before leading me along the street. It was late, but all of the shops were still open. The streets were lit artificially, but somehow it still had a romantic feel.

 The streets were lit artificially, but somehow it still had a romantic feel

"So..." He started saying once we had walked a little. "You've never been to London?"

I shook my head, "This is my first time." I laughed, "I guess I should thank you, you guys are the reason I get to be here."

He laughed too, "I'm happy that I... I mean we were able to take you here."

It was at that moment that I realized I hadn't been able to talk to Shownu alone very often.

I guess I should have taken the chance to get to know him better.

"What's it like being a leader?" I asked.

He smiled, "It's... not easy. But it's rewarding. I'm happy to be able to lead them through our careers, but sometimes I think I fail them..."

I turned my head to stare at Shownu, surprised at what he was saying, "W-what do you mean?" I asked.