Chapter 19

-Adrien's POV-

Slowly but surely, my wounds were beginning to heal.
I sat in the hospital garden picking at a purple flower. The flower had pink specks on the petals, but remained mainly purple with a bright green stem.
The rest of the garden was filled with bright plants, they brought life to this depressing place.
April's funeral was easier than i imagined. It still broke my heart that she was gone, but she wasn't terrified anymore.
I was the one who approached her casket first. It was open and she was looking as beautiful as ever.
If only I could see her smile one last time.
She was wearing a flowing white dress, golden flats, a pearl necklace and her foster sister's bracelet.
In her casket, April wasn't wearing her wig. She would of wanted people to see.

Although she was gone, she was a huge impact on my life.

By the time I had to go back in, a nurse was already smothering me.
"Afternoon, Adrien. I'm just here to check on your scar tissue, to see any improvements since your relapse after your suicide attempt.."

Ah, yes. That detail. While April was still alive, despite feeling the happiest I'd been in ages, i was also extremely low at some points. And so, even though i wanted to get better, I relapsed. It was a sort of spur of the moment thing, something I regretted straight after.
It was the second day I was in the hospital.
They still didn't know what caused my seizures.

"You're looking very healthy and happy, Adrien. I'm terribly sorry about April." The nurse sighed, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok. She beat cancer. She fought it as hard as she could and showed it that it wouldn't let her stop doing anything. She was an inspiring girl." I grinned at the nurse.
"Your scar tissue is looking okay, no signs of infection or internal bleeding or external bleeding...You're good to go Adrien. Once some papers are filed out for your living arrangements, you'll be discharged tomorrow morning. Congratulations!!"

That was the best news I'd heard in a long time. I may be going to a new home, but i'm being discharged tomorrow! I can go back to being my Ladybug charming superhero self.

-2 weeks later-
-Marinette's POV-

"Are you sure you should be going out, darling?" My mum asked worriedly, throwing dough about in her hands.
I nodded, eager to leave, "I'm fine
Mum."

"You know, maybe you should stay hom-"

"It's okay, Miss Dupain Cheng. I got her." Turning around, I saw the kitty.
He then, literally, swept me off of my feet and bounded away.

"Did our daughter just get swooped away by Cat Noir?"

- - -

"You stupid little kitty!!! You're crazy!!" I screamed, trying not to burst out laughing at the same time.
"I'm digging the new hairstyle..." He mumbled, looking at my hair which was untied and straightened. "I think you should keep it that way."

He took us to the top of the Eiffel tower, leaving me to marvel in the beauty of our city.
Next year, we'd all be going to college. It was crazy, knowing all the people i claimed to be friends probably wont even have contact with me next year. That's the problem with calling somebody your bestfriend, you don't truly know until you've gone through the dreaded 'education' phase of your life. You only know if they are there through all of that.

The moon shone brightly, casting a white glow on the place we were sitting.
It was almost unbelievable, being here with Cat Noir. I thought I'd never see him again after we fell out. Never in a million years did I deserve his love or appreciation, but he accepted me back into his life so i'm lucky for that.

"Where you thinking of going to college, Mari?" He asked, blushing all of a sudden.

"I was urm...Aahh..Thinking of going to a place in England." I hesitated at first, but then spilt the news.
"But what about..What about Paris? We need to save the city!" He exclaimed, desperately trying to convince me to go somewhere local.
"Thet's over now. Hawkmoth is gone, which means he wont be able to send akumas. Leave the civilian crimes to the police."