There was blood spouting from it's widely grinning, black, mouth.

My eyes widened as I continued to stare at the bloody, lifeless looking body.

"What are you doing? C'mon!" Gabe urged. "G-Gabe. Do y-you see that?" I pointed at the creature.

How is it bleeding. How on Earth is that possible! Maybe it really is 'dying'.

He looked back up to the sight and his eyes widened as well. "Oh hell no." He shivers. "Hell no!"He repeats and leads me down the stairs.

I quickly follow and Gabriel pulls the string back up, closing the staircase. I can finally take a real breath of relief.

Until we suddenly hear giggling.

It starts off as a low, slow sounding kind of laugh. Gabe and I both stare at each other, examining the sound.

Then, the slow laughing starts to quickly fade and turn into loud, high pitched uncontrollable giggling.
It sounded as if it was coming from a child.

Except I knew it wasn't a child.

The sound of the laughter is so haunting it scares me and my eyes begin to water.

"It's coming from up there.. isn't it." Gabe whispers and points up to the attic above us.

I slowly nod my head yes.

The giggling continues and Gabe runs a hand through his black hair.

I notice he has a large, bloody, scratch across his cheek, leading to his sharp jawline.

"Oh gosh Gabe." I gasp and walk closer to view the intensity of the scratch. "It's nothing." He blurts out, making his Australian accent clearly heard. He then heads for the front doorway.

"I hate dolls." He shrugged as he took his keys out and walked out of the house. I stood there, not sure of what to do.

"Aren't you coming?" He called out from the front yard. "You can't stay here with that thing." He added, emphasizing the word 'thing'.

He was right.

I hurried out, locking the door behind me and jumping into his car.

----
Within a couple of minutes, we arrived at the next stop. I looked out the tinted car window and saw we were parked in a large, brick, driveway.

Gabe turned off the car and climbed out. I did the same as we walked up the driveway. I looked around and noticed the large fountain located in the middle of the curved driveway.

The elegant driveway and large fountain were nothing compared to the mansion though.

It was an extremely large mansion, with it's decorative white, Greek inspired columns in the front. The entire house looked like it was covered in glossy white marble.

"Woah! Where are we?" I gasped in delight at the beautiful sight.

Gabe chuckled, placing his keys in his pocket. "My house."

"This is your house!?" I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, it's not a big deal, really." He shrugged as he entered a passcode to open the large font door.

As we entered the grand hallway, my eyes widened at how elegant everything was. There were paintings adorning the walls. Small palm trees in exotic looking vases, and a large picture of a family.

I stopped in front of the picture. There was a a woman with light blonde hair and crystal blue eyes standing next to a tall man with black hair. Standing in front of them in the middle, was a little boy, smiling as big as ever, dimples in full view.