Chapter 3

"Mom!"

Cherise Johnson turned back to see her son all geared up to leave the house.

"You off today?" Spyder queried.

"Yup," Cherise answered, "and if you're gonna be gone all day, be back by 11."

"K," Spyder replied. He put his phone in his pocket, "hey before I leave, can I shoot the cat?"

Cherise rolled her eyes.

"Look I don't like Ms. Jetson's cat as much as the next person but, we can't kill it. She'll press charges." She retorted.

Spyder sighed.

"Besides remember what I told you?" Cherise reminded him, "we're not gonna shoot the cat. We're gonna wait til Jetson is out of the house and then 'accidentally' lead it to the street and wait for a car to hit it 'by mistake'."

Spyder's mouth dropped.

"Mom that's evil." He told her. He then grinned, "I love you so much."

Cherise let a mischievous smile reach her face. Her son went out the door and shut it behind himself.

************

After being able to properly wash, the young man changed into his clothes. He was currently putting on a pair of shorts since it would be warmer later. The time changed to 8:25am. Once all of his clothing was covering his body, the male technopath fell back on the bed. Laying down, he let out a deep breath. And though he dried himself off, he could feel water dripping down the side of his face, which is called sweat.

"Thank god there's no school, right?"

That question scared Ryan out of his pants. He raised his head up a little to see that the duplicate was standing in his room. He was leaning against the wall with a tray that carried soup, ginger ale, and crackers. The actual pilot sat his body up. After dishing everything that was left in him from the other day, he felt pretty empty.

"You made that for me?" Ryan asked in a whisper. His voice was still in a working process.

"Well sure," the doppelganger riposted, "we are the same person aren't we? So in a way, you're only looking out for you."

Ry gave a confused look.

"Weirdly put, I know." The alternate clone was aware of.

He handed the tray to the sick child, who accepted it hesitantly. He placed it in his lap as the duplicate sat beside him.

"It's not posioned," the doppelganger told him, "what am I a killer?"

"I'm just not up for food right now." Ryan admitted to him.

"Well you're gonna have to be. No food when you're sick makes it worse." The clone reasoned with him.

Grabbing the spoon, the ill teenager began to eat. It was pretty good considering he didn't feel like throwing up. As he dived into his meal, the doppelganger pretended to look around and hop off the bed.

"Since I'm here," the duplicate had began his thoughts, "I think I can help us get what we've always wanted."

Biting a cracker, the fifteen year old kept quiet.

"And you know what we want, don't you?" The doppelganger quizzed.

"To meet Camila Cabello, get to buy a Mercedes, live in California, and try to sneak into a club without getting caught because of the age limit?" Ryan guessed.

The clone paused for a second.

"Well....yes," he agreed, "but no."

The pilot shrugged.