Chapter 19

A/n: This is a short chapter :)

I was jogging instead of riding the car. I had to attend Vasco's Birthday party near Han river. Since it was winter, I had to wear like 5 layers of clothes, but the clothes I bought were really warm, so I only wore 2 layers. I arrived last cause I lived really far from Han river. I walked up to the group.

"Y/n!"

I waved.

"Hey, guys! What's up?"

Everyone was shivering except for Vasco and he was wearing a tank top. I knew what everyone was thinking...I was gonna wait until a little after we start games. But, I don't want to ruin his Birthday. I came super prepared and handed everyone a heat pack. Zoe and Daniel started crying happy tears.

"You are our savior, Y/n! Thank you!"

I nodded and sat next to Jae. We started singing Happy Birthday to Vasco. After singing Happy Birthday, we started giving presents. Daniel gave him photos of the puppies, Jace gave him a special edition Heroman figure, Zack gave him a rock that said good luck, Taejoon made Vasco a Pacebook account, and Jae and I gave him a Heroman tank top and a Heroman Jacket. He thanked everyone and we started playing games. Zack couldn't handle it and he took the Heroman figure out of the box and put the rock in the box.

"Vasco! Heroman flew into the river! "

I looked at Zack.

"Zack..."

Zack stopped and looked at me.

"Y-Yeah?"

I walked up to Zack and he thought that I was going to punch him. He got slapped on the back of his head. When I looked over at Vasco, he wasn't in his spot. My eyes widened. He was jumping into the river!

"Vasco! Zack!"

There was a police rescue team and a news reporter. Zack grabbed the Heroman figure and jumped into the river. Zack went up from the surface of the water.

"Vasco! I found Heroman! Come up on the surface!"

Everyone was on the surface, but Vasco didn't see Zack's "Good luck" rock. He jumped back in and started to roam around. Daniel jumped in, but he couldn't swim. I decided to do chest compressions. Crystal was crying, but I was struggling. I know he'll live, but I was struggling because it was cold and I didn't bring gloves. Eli came over,

"Y/n, What's happening?"

I explained everything to Eli. After Daniel started coughing, I stopped doing CPR.

"You said that Zack just wrote good luck on the rock?"

I nodded slowly. Eli got out a marker. He picked up a rock and wrote good luck on it. He handed it to Zack and walked away. Zack jumped back into the water. He swam out a little and then dove down to pretend that he was looking for the rock. After a couple seconds, Zack came back up.

"Vasco! I found the rock!"

When they were getting up, I saw Vasco pick up the heroman box.

"Well, I found the same exact rock."

Zack chuckled nervously and then sprinted away.

"ZACK!"

We knew that the birthday party wrapped up when Vasco K.O.ed Zack.

Time skip

I was hanging out at Jae's apartment. We were planning to watch a movie or something, until the news came on. It showed the lady reporter and Crystal crying next to lil Dan. Jae looked over at me and I just nervously chuckled. He came towards me and took my chin lifting it up and sideways, checking if I had any injuries.

"I didn't get hurt, Jae. You don't have to worry!"

I smiled and we changed the channel and started watching a movie.