Making Things Right

I took in a deep breath and started to explain my plan. “First off we need to keep this between us. What you guys learned should not be shared to anyone else from the pack. We have to leave them knowing as little as possible.” Everyone nodded and I continued.

“What I have in mind is not going to be easy. Since Talis and I are mated, I might not be able to actually hurt, let alone kill him.” I didn’t miss the low growl that escaped Jake’s lips. I rolled my eyes slightly and ignored him. “I’m not completely sure how strong our bond is but I don’t want to take any chances, so I’ve decided to see a woman that lives in the woods not too far from here.  She breaks bonds between soul mates, usually werewolves but I think she can help with breaking the bond between Talis and I.

Everyone seemed to be staring at me wide eyed. I wasn’t surprised. Almost no one knew about a bond actually breaking, many thought it was basically impossible. People thought that once a bond was broken that the pair would die instantly. Yes sometimes it happens but yet it can still be done.

Not all bonds can be broken though, I speak from experience. I glanced at Jake to see him looking at me intently.  I looked away quickly. “Destiny, you know doing that, you would be risking your life,” Mark stated sternly, and somewhat angry.

I felt the inside of my body grow hot.  I glared at Mark. “I’m already as good as dead Mark, it wouldn’t hurt to try. And anyways I’m not your average werewolf now am I?” I’m not sure why I snapped at Mark like that, but I guessed it had to do with the growling beast inside of me. I frowned and looked away from Mark and gazed at the floor. I was about to apologize but Mark spoke up first.

“How do you know about bond breaking?”  My eyes snapped up to Marks as his eyes narrowed slightly. I stayed quiet.  I then moved my gaze to Jake. He stared at me confused for a moment and then his eyes widened.  I could hear the gears turning in his head.

“I got word of it about two and a half years ago when I was searching. I wanted to meet with this lady, who was said to be the best at bond breakage.” I said simply. Jake looked at me in disbelief. I could basically feel the hurt that he felt. It’s been a very long time since I’ve actually felt his emotions. I usually just blocked it out.  

“What were you sear-

I quickly cut Mark off. “It’s nothing to worry about.” I looked at the rest of the people in the room, they all seemed pretty confused, all except Desiree who knew about my little search and understood perfectly.

I stood up straight and made my wolf queen powers known. My wolf roared to life, and I felt the demon inside me stir growled lowly. “We WILL go to see the bond breaker, and it must be as soon as possible. We cannot risk Talis’s and I’s bond to get any stronger.”  A horrible pain went through my heart as soon as the sentence left my mouth.

The demon inside me roared loudly. It seemed to be outraged.  Why the hell is this happening now? It’s not the first time I’ve said anything like this. I just said something about it a while ago and the demon didn’t behave like this.

I tried not to show how much pain I was in. I held myself together and continued on with the plan, though a bit more stiffly. 

“We all need to leave tonight so we will arrive by early morning. We must also travel on foot.  Cars or bikes or any forms of transportation will not be able to pass where we are going.  There are also going to be rouges at every turn out there, so we must also stay on high alert.”

“After we’re finished breaking the bond, you all will go back to the castle and stay there, while I go after Talis, on my own.”  The room was no longer as silent as before. It was filled with growling wolves. Protests was being shot all over the place.