Chapter 20: Strange Sightings

January 5, 2018

        James woke up early, feeling slightly different. He opened his eyes to see a room totally different than the one he and Albus were sleeping in. It wasn't a cozy room with three beds like before. In fact, it was huge! The walls were made of stone, and the floor was as well. The room was only illuminated by torches on the wall.

        He got out of bed and realized that he felt very light. He looked at his arm to see he was transparent! He started to panic. Something was happening. Something was going on.

        Quickly, he stormed out of the stone room to see more stone. The whole place was made out of stone. He went up and down many staircases and opened tons of doors to rooms that were unoccupied. The Burrow had totally changed! It was now a stone mansion of some sort. There were at least three stories, and rarely any windows. Finally, somewhere on the second floor he found his parents room.

        He opened the door to see both of his parents were still asleep, but there were notable differences. First off, his dad was fading just as he was, and was nearly gone. His mum had shorter hair and it was a simple black color instead of a flaming red.

        "Mum! Dad! Wake up!" he shouted. They still slept. "I didn't search this entire damned mansion for you two to be like Albus and sleep like hogs! Wake up! Something's going on!" 

        Slowly, Harry and Ginny awoke. They both looked at their son and gasped at his current state. They then looked at each other and grew extremely worried.

        "James, what's going on?" Harry asked.

        "I don't know! That's why I tried to wake you up!" James answered.

        "Harry," Ginny said upon the sight of her black hair, "I think this has something to do with time."

        "What do you mean?" he questioned.

        "I mean, that something's ripped the fabric of time, and things here are changing."

        That was it. Something snapped in James head (and that was rare) and he understood. He was fading, and so was his father, so that must've meant...

        "Dad, I think your dad is stuck here! Meaning he would've never met your mum, and you would've never existed! I would've never existed! So that means Voldemort would be like Wizarding Ruler or something," he said.

        "Where could they be though?" Harry asked.

        "In that forest!" James answered. 

        However, before he could reply, Harry slowly faded away. Only Ginny and James were left in the room. Both of them were in shock.

        Suddenly, footsteps were heard throughout the halls. They grew louder, and that could only mean they were growing closer. In the doorway stood Fred II, who was about as much faded as James II was.

        "I just saw Uncle Fred in the den and saw my reflection in some water, so I would like to know what the hell is going on," he said, causing both the Potters head to turn to him.

        "Time, and we need to solve this. Soon," James said. He looked out the door. "We need to try and find Dumbledore or someone outside of this house who is still sane and ask them about trying to locate Voldemort or something."

        "James," Ginny said in a warning tone.

        "Mum," he replied in the same way. "It's our only option. Let the kids do this for once while you try to figure things out here. Okay?"

        Ginny sighed. It was a fairly stupid plan, but she somewhat trusted her son, so she went along. Fred II and James II bolted out of the room. Fred went to go get the others while James tried to locate some brooms. Both of them did these task very quickly, as they knew they were on a time limit, and all of them met outside the stone house.

        It was cloudy and the grass looked dead. James quickly explained to the others what they were doing and gave them all brooms.

        "This isn't a good idea, James," Victoire commented.

        "Yeah," Molly II agreed. She mounted her broom. "Why don't we take some of Teddy's Polyjuice and try to sneak into the ministry to do it ourselves." Everyone knew that Teddy always kept a flask of Polyjuice, because as an orphan in a magical world he could never be too sure (though, it's not like he would need it anyways. He was a metamorphamagus). 

        "That's even more dangerous!" Albus exclaimed.

        "But, we might have a better shot with that, now that you think about it," Dominique said. "Plus, this way's more fun."

        Teddy sighed in defeat. "Fine, but this plan will work better if we apparate. We could appear in a dark alley with no one seeing us instead of every single muggle in London being suspicious about the seven teenagers flying down on brooms."

        James II dropped his broom and sighed. "Can you and Victoire do... like... side-by-side-by-side apparation?" he asked.

        He only shrugged. "Let's hope."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

        "This is so going to work, Molly," Albus said sarcastically. He held a small medicine cup that had polyjuice in it. He muttered to himself, because the hair he got was from an old man ministry worker.

        "Look, if you want this to work you're going to have to not be a chicken and do it, okay?" James said. He drank his Polyjuice Potion first. Almost instantly he dropped his small cup and went behind a huge garbage bin. Victoire threw the man's clothes behind the bin, hoping it wouldn't land anywhere near a puddle of puke.

        They all watched in anticipation for him to come back into sight. After a few minutes, a fully opaque,  fairly short man with brown balding with a simple suit and tie came out, holding a suit case. James looked at the others with a completely stern face.

        At any moment, this would've been hilarious to the others, but they were about to face The Dark Lord, so that really put a damper on things.

        "Is there any information in the suitcase?" Teddy asked.

        James shrugged, not really wanting to speak. He opened the suitcase and saw a few things, one being identification. "Mark Ruster," James spoke, his voice coming out very squeaky. The caught him by surprise.

        "Let's just get the rest of this over with," Dominique said, drinking her own Polyjuice. 

        After everyone took their Polyjuice, they apparated into the Ministry (albeit, a bit suspiciously) and started to look around. They decided to split up. Albus and James were going to go to the Minister's office, Molly II and Dominique were going to search the bottom levels of the Ministry, Fred II was going to see if he was sitting in at any trial (the person he was acting as, Emmett Polister, was in law enforcement), and Victoire and Teddy were going to see if he was anywhere in the atrium. 

        Albus and James were both nervous when they knocked on the door. A cold voice answered them. "Ah, James and Albus Potter. Do come in. I believe your family and friends would like to see you."