Chapter 14: Hectivity

December 18, 1975

        Harry's scar started to burn in the middle of the night, yet it didn't wake him. He didn't even have a nightmare. It just burned without any sign of acknowledgement whatsoever.

        Some might say this was a good thing, his scar burning without any harm done to him. But they'd be wrong. Oh, so wrong.

        A silent shadow went through the hall without fear of being caught. He went down to the dungeon; to where the Slytherin dormitories lied. He didn't need the password. The portrait of Salazar let him in at sight.

         He didn't need to venture any further. A simple... ah, thought, would do the trick.

        Come.... Help me defeat the boy who lived before he existed... we shall rule... You shall be rewarded...

        It was sent, yet not only to the future Death Eaters, but to Harry Potter as well. This is when he awoke. 

        At first he was confused, but the more he thought, the more it sank in. Voldemort was here. He was trying to kill him so that he could rule in present (his present) time.

        He had to warn the others.

        Harry quickly threw off his covers and jumped out of bed. He rushed out of his room and went into Ron's, telling him of what he heard. This spooked him.

        "Why are you telling me?" he exclaimed as quickly and quietly as he could. "You should be telling Hermione!"

        That started the chain. The boys told Hermione, and then Ginny, but even by then it was too late. Only minutes after when everyone in the cabins were told, he was already there.

        Voldemort may seem like the one to just straight out kill Harry at first sight, and that is was he was intending on doing at first. It seemed almost completely stupid to do that, so swift movement had to be made.

        The cabin which was labeled "After Those Who Are After The Marauders" is where it was started. After slight disappointment that his future Death Eaters did not come to him, Voldemort continued to proceed on his own. He sneaked into the cabin with only the slightest creak being made. 

        Albus was in a deep sleep. It was hard to wake him up from one, but this is not the reason Voldemort chose him as the target. Despite the present day Harry not knowing him very well, he stillwas his son. Easily he could've gone after James or Lily II, but they had traits that made them decide otherwise.

        James II could hear a branch break from a mile away, so obviously he wasn't going to risk going in there. Not only this, but the fact that he wouldn't give a second thought about fighting back. That would cause a disruption and delay.

        Lily II had no trouble sleeping through the act of someone trying to wake her up, but so much as a finger laid on her, she'd wake up in an instant. Why would you target someone who wakes up when you barely even touched them? Also, she inherited a fiery temper from her mother. She wouldn't be afraid to yell at the top of her lungs if he entered.

        Albus now, he was a different story. Targeting someone who sleeps deeply is a good idea, but also he could be considered, at times, a coward. He wasn't a big hero like his brother, or good at arguments and unsubtleness like his sister. He had no plan when it came to danger. To top that off, he was a reluctant person. He'd do pretty much anything, reluctant or not. To be honest, this was not a good trait to have.

        The plan was simple. He was going to keep Albus as the bait. Another one of them was to be Imperiused; this was to hear the plan of attack. He'd be ahead and then, Harry Potter would be gone for good.

        He'd finally rule and keep his immortality forever.

        Hastily and quietly, he levitated Albus out of his bed. Swiftly he exited the cabin, the levitating Albus right behind him. He thought he was uncaught. He thought he was good to go. The clumsy Nymphadora Tonks got sight of him.

        "Guys, I swear I just saw something leave the other cabin," she said, still looking out the window.

        Everyone wasn't very skeptical about it. They trusted her. 

        "Okay so... how about... part of us go and investigate the cabin, part of us go to the forest around the cabin, and part of us stay here just in case someone tries to get in here too," Harry suggested.

        "That's brilliant, but who goes where?" Hermione asked.

        "Fred and I can go investigate in the woods," George stated.

        "Bill and Charlie can come with us," Fred thought aloud.

        "We can bring Angelina along too."

        "Ronnykins, Harry, and Hermione can go into the cabin."

        "Ginny and Tonks should go too."

        "Seems about right."

        "That leaves Percy, Malfoy, Greengrass, Luna, and Neville here."

        The twins looked around the room, seeing if there were any rejections. Everyone seemed alright with what they were doing. After many nods, they were off.

        Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Tonks carefully opened the cabin door. Silence. They all peered around. Still, nothing.

        A sudden creak made them all jump. The door to James II's door opened, with him standing behind it. He had his wand out, and was relieved when they saw it was just them.

        "Here's three words for you: don't do that," he said, lowering his wand. "You scared the living wits out of me! Why are you here anyways?"

        "Voldemort's here, and Tonks saw something coming from your cabin. It would be stupid not to come," Ron stated.

        "Oh..." James II tensed. He didn't know what to say. 

        The group dismissed this as James awkwardly went back into his room. They started looking around. Everything seemed in order. Everything... but one thing.

        "Look," Ginny said, pointing to one of the doors. "Albus' door is open."

        It was indeed cracked open ever so slightly. Cautiously, Ginny and Hermione went over to the door, and opened it. Both girls gasped. Albus was gone.

        "What is it?" Harry asked.

        "He's gone!" Hermione exclaimed.

        Hastily, Ginny went to the window to see if anything was happening in the woods. Nothing was. 

        They all started to panic. One of them was gone. This could change everything! Meddling with time... who in their bloody right mind would think of something like that?

        "Calm down!" Harry finally said. "Maybe... maybe the ones in the—"

        He was cut off by a scream. Two screams, to be exact. Male and female. They all went over to the window Ginny was at just moments ago.

        Angelina and Charlie were running back from the forest and into the cabin. Panicking, the group went over to them. 

        "What's wrong?" Hermione asked.

        "We just saw You-Know-Who in the woods!" Charlie said, regaining his breath. "He had Albus!"

        Shock and silence filled the room. Voldemort had Albus. He was holding him hostage. Thenerve he had....

        "We have to go after him!" Ron said.

        "Too late!" Angelina said. "Just as we arrived he was startled, then he traveled into this bright light... bad thing is, he brought Bill, Fred, George, and Albus with him."

A/N: Sorry for not updating guys! There was a bit of a malfunction with my account, but it's fixed now! I'll be uploading another chapter in about an hour because of the inconvenience. Sorry guys, I really am! Thank you all from reading, I love you guys!