Chapter 7: They're Lost

November 15, 1995

        Seamus Finnigan woke up that morning knowing something was... unusual... Ron nor Neville were snoring. In fact, when he checked, they weren't there at all! He got out of his bed and started shaking his friend, Dean Thomas.

        "Dean," he said in his Irish accent, "Dean! Wake up! Harry, Ron, and Neville are gone!"

        "Are you sure they haven't left for breakfast?" Dean mumbled.

        "Well, is that's the case then their robes would be-" He looked to see that their robes were in fact gone, along with their trunks and person items... "Their robes are gone, but so are their trunks!"

        Dean then snapped awake by this news. They both looked at each other, thinking the same thing: Go tell Dumbledore.

        The two boys rushed out of the dorm, out of the Common Room, and through the corridors. They did almost make it to the Great Hall before they were stopped by none other than Dolores Umbridge. 

        "What are you boys doing out of uniform? On a weekday?" she asked sweetly, planting a fake smile on her face.

        This caused the two boys to look down and see they were still in their pajamas. Dean looked up first and said, "We need to tell Dumbledore something. It's urgent."

        "Then will you tell me?"

        "Too urgent!" Seamus said hastily, and the two boys ran around her. The toad-like woman looked back at them and yelled, "Dentention in my office tonight,  boys!" They didn't seem to care.

        They looked up at the staff table and saw Dumbeldore wasn't there. Dean cursed under his breath. Seamus sighed. They both yet again, started running, and this time, to his office.

        The clock was ticking as the two continued to run up to the Headmaster's office. Classes would start soon, and they weren't even dressed! 

        Just when they were almost there, once and again, they were stopped, but not by Umbridge, but by Snape. He looked displeased at the two.

        "No uniforms? Ten points from Gryffindor. What are you two doing just as classes are about to start in your nightwear?"

        "Oh forget the robes! We need to go get Dumbledore!" Dean said.

        "And why is that?"

        They had no where to run; no where to avoid conversation. They had to confess. Was that really the only opinion here?

        To them.

        "Harry, Ron, and Neville are gone, along with their trunks!" Seamus said, trying to find a way around Snape.

        This news, though, startled Snape. "Come with me right now."

        Snape let the two to Dumbledore's office, where they found Dumbledore sitting there, humming to himself. Snape went up to Dumbledore and whispered something to the boys couldn't hear. He nodded and turned his attention to the boys.

        "When did you lost see Harry, Ron, and Neville?" he asked.

        "Yesterday," they both answered, almost in unison.

        "The glints in the clocks," Snape said. "This is the side effect of the spell."

        Seamus cocked his head to the side. "Spell?"

        "That's none of your concern," Snape snapped.

        "Well, do you where they are?" Dean asked.

        Dumbledore nodded, but never did he answer.

        November 15, 2017

        The Common Room that morning seemed quiet. In fact, too quiet. Usually, James was setting off some type of noise, and Albus and Rose were talking. That sound wasn't there that morning.

        Fred was the first to notice this as he came down the stairs that morning. He walked back up the stairs to see if Albus or James were still asleep. They weren't, and neither were their trunks. 

        Fred grew panicked and started to run for the Headmaster's office, when he looked at the clock: Classes were starting. 

        Fred, he told himself, you're named after a man who pranked and even owned a joke shop for Merlin's sake! Let's just see if we can... report this...

        Before he could, though, the glint in the clock caught his attention. Has that always been there? 
        His thoughts suddenly started to rush in his head, giving him a head ache. The head ache soon turned into diziness, which, soon after, made him faint.

        The glint in the clock got brighter.

        Before you could even say "Time Turner" Fred had disappeared.