Chapter 11: Discussing Death

December 1, 1975

        James gritted his teeth. Lately he'd been hanging around too many Slytherins he'd grown to have much dislike for over the years. It also disgusted him to be around them because of the things they did in the future.

        Today they were going to the cabins to discuss how things would happen in the future. Dumbledore scheduled this to happen, and none of them were quite happy about it. They knew some people had to die, so couldn't they leave it at that? 

        They started travelling down to the Forbidden Forest at noon. Bellatrix and Sirius were constantly fighting nowadays, but Bellatrix seemed to not be as aggressive as usual. It was the same with some of the others. Realization might've struck. All Voldemort has done... all the wrong they'd do... all the wrong they've done...

        It didn't take long to get down there. They saw all the people from the next generation around the golden trio era's cabin. James II put his finger over his lips. They were eavesdropping.

        The Marauders' people did the same.

        "They know now, Hermione. Maybe we can save some lives—" Harry's voice started, but it seemed that Hermione cut him off.

        "Harry, we can't change the course of time, you know that. They know they're suppose to die; they have to go along with it."

        James peered through the window cautiously. He saw one of the Weasley Twins—it was almost impossible to tell which—hug the other's face.

        "But I don't want him to die!" It was George.

        "George—gerrof—" Fred mumbled, attempting to get out of his brother's grip.

        George let go. "Okay, but you're gonna want that face-hug when you're dead."

        Molly, even though she had barely met them, gripped tightly onto Arthur, fearing all too much about the death of her son, even if it was in the near future.

        James then decided to knock on the door. The tension was growing too strong. Ron stood up and walked over too the door and opened it.

        "Oh, Dumbledore sent you already?" he asked. "I mean.... er, come in."

        Soon at all fifty-one people were crowded in the small den of the cabin. It was a cozy fit, yes, but at least they had enough room to move and breathe.

        "Why are they all here again? The confusion and lack of space is causing me not to think straight," Draco said a bit bitterly.

        "Well, git of the week, we're here to discuss the matters of the deaths in the future," Sirius spat at him, and then he added, "I see Lucy here has passed it down to the next generation."

        Before Lucius or Draco could reply, Hermione said, "Look, if you want to leave as soon as possible, let's just get this over with."

        "Thank you Hermione," Harry said.

        "Now, if I'm correct, only ten people in this room die in the future up to the point of 2017," she said. "James Potter I, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Lily Evans, Severus Snape, Bellatrix Black, Regulus Black, Fred Weasley, and—sorry—Nymphadora Tonks.

        "Obviously, we can't change the course of time, so you have to die. But now, for some reason, Dumbledore at least wants you to know when and how you died, so at least you'd expect it."