Sorry...

The day before:
After leaving school, Jeon Jungkook felt a familiar rage that he had not felt in years. A rage that had left him the day he gave up his fist.
However, he did not let out his rage over an old lady walking on the street, or a middle schooler with lunch money. He never was one to do such petty things. Jungkook recalled when he first gathered people which later became his "gang".
He remembered its purpose:
Using fists for a reason.
Jungkook wanted people to know the difference between a bully and a street fighter. A bully meddled in a petty buisness just to make themselves feel better. But a street fighter was a force to be reckoned with; they were no joke. Picking fights "just because" was not in their code.
Ether.
The word rung in his ears.
The word that had bought you two together.
You two were known as the demons in the shadows, for you two only came out if you were provoked. Both of you always got away with it because you two never were the ones to start a fight.
But you always won.
And Jeon Jungkoook was determinednot to loose today. Never again would he like he did the day he lost you.
Jungkook banged on the door of your home. He heard a moan, a crash, and what sounded like a punch to what sounded like your mother. The door creaked open.
???: Who the fuck...
He looked at Jeon Jungkook
???: Why the fuck are you here.
Jungkook: Can't an old bud drop by to see his old friend?
???: Cut the shit.
???: You don't fucking deserve to show your filthy ass here.
Jungkook laughed: Funny. Why'd you decide to keep him in your house after what he did to your sister?
Your brother clenched his teeth: That's none of your fucking buisness. Get out. Otherwise I'm calling the fucking cops.
Jungkook laughed: They'd arrest your ass before mine.
Jungkook kept his voice calm, as he always did when playing this game.
Ether was known for their provcation through their tongue; it's what drove many of their opponents mad.
Jungkook: I'll propose another option. Stay away from Y/n, Ten.
Ten raised an eyebrow: Why the fuck would I do that?
Jungkook: Dont play dumb with me, tough guy.
Jungkook: Move out so she can come home early
Ten: The hell?
Ten: She stays the fuck away till her father passes out.
Jungkook: Then kick out her father. Oh...wait...you don't want to. Why is that, Ten? Hm? Why don't you kick him out?
Ten: You have got to be-
Jungkook: Is it because you care?
Ten: Dont start, Jungkook.
Jungkook: Or is it because you didn't want the cops to find you?
Ten: Shit the hell up.
Jungkook: Or maybe you didn't want to go through the process.
Ten: I said shut up.
Jungkook: The money? It's gotta be the money.
Ten turns to leave: I'm fucking done with you. Don't touch my sister or you'll be sorry.
Jungkook: Why? So you can have her all to yourself?
Ten turns around, wide-eyed: the hell...
Jungkook: Ah. I know why. You keep him around because you are just as much at fault as he is for what you both did to her.
Ten screamed, and punched Jungkook square in the jaw.
Jungkook has won the game.
Ten had thrown the first punch, allowing Jungkook to release his fist.
He stood up, wiped the blood across his face and sneered.
Ten: You knew the entire time.
Jungkook punched him: I know many things, Ten.
Jungkook: You think Y/n never told me why she didn't come home until you left for your night job?
Ten laughed: You do have a point.
Jungkook picked him up, and pinned him to the wall. Ten noticed the flare in his eyes was softer than he remembered.
Jungkook: Leave. Otherwise your buddy will pay you another visit.
He throws Ten on the ground.
Ten: Why now? After all these years why now?
Jungkook: I didn't see how progressively worse she's gotten till now.
Ten crackled: That's the shittiest excuse I've ever heard!
Jungkook threw another punch
Ten wheezed: You think she's changed?
Ten: News flash, old friend. You're the one who I can't recognise. You've lost that flare, that terror, your tongue. You're...normal.
Jungkook: And you, are a psycho.
Jungkook lifted Tens chin up: Get out.
Present:
The class was silent for the rest of the period. No one spoke, and no one skipped class. When class did end, you stood up to leave, and ignored Taehyung when he called your name. Hoseok: That girl is fucking insane. How did you finish your punishment with her, Jimin?
Jimin took money from a student , and walked back to his desk: I don't know, she seems alright to me. She's just full of surprises though.
Hoseok: She asked about my siblings. What if she finds out? I'll be sent to one of those shitty orphanages.
Jimin put his hand on his shoulder: Not on my watch.
Jimin: We work at the same place I'll tell her to keep her mouth shut.
Yoongi: I wouldn't do that.
Jimin: Huh? Why not?
Yoongi: You said she's full of surprises?
Jimin: Yea, what's up?
Yoongi looked ahead and smirked: Not what's up. It's been what's infront of us this entire time.
Hoseok: Elaborate.
Yoongi: We have ourselves a chance.
Jimin: I'm sorry, come again?
Hoseok: I think he's lost his mind...
Yoongi: Get her to come to the gym.
Jimin: What you're actually going through with this punishment?
Yoongi ignored the question: Just do as I say, and we may be able to boast for years and years to come.
Hoseok: So we are playing the game.
Yoongi: It's my game, right?
Jimin rolled his eyes: Oh for fuck's sake
After school:
Later on after school, Jung Hoseok was called to the principals office. He was suspecting to find the principal, but instead he found his homeroom teacher. And his siblings. Laughing.
Sibling #3: Oh hey little brother! Your teacher called us in and he is the bomb!
Sibling #1: Yea he's dope! But seriously man, Keep up with the grades! What's wrong?
Sibling #2: We give you everything you need, come on pal. You got this! Fighting!
Jin: you are lucky to have such supportive siblings! Would you three mind while I ha d a word with him?
As soon as they leave, Hoseok slams the table.
Hoseok: Sir. With all do respect. I do not want you contacting them.
Jin: Oh I know, but you did not complete your punishment.
Jin pulled out the paper: The back side is empty. This is not acceptable.
Hoseok: what about Y/n's siblings.
Jin: She doesn't have any, according to the records. Hoseok scoffed.
Jin: Why don't you like your siblings, Hoseok? They seem very nice.
Hoseok laughed: You think I'd just open up like that?
Jin: So there is something?
Hoseoks smile faded: Thats not what I said.
Jin laughed and grew grave all of a sudden: Jung Hoseok. Do not mistake me for a fool.
Jin: I am quite keen. And I know trouble when I see it.
Hoseok looks nervously at the floor.
Jin laughed: But then again I make mistakes all the time!
Hoseok looked up, confused.
Jin: Which is my I ask my students for concrete proof.
Jin: Concrete proof for my suspicions. So tell me, is there something wrong?
Hoseok looked up. He hesitated. 'Should I really tell him?'
Hoseok: No. there's nothing.
Jin: I see. Very well. You may wait around. I would still like to discuss some things with them.
Jin: Go and complete your punishment while you're at it.
Hoseok got up to leave.
Jin: Jung Hoseok.
Hoseok turned: What.
Jin: Hands our of your pockets. And wear your uniform tomorrow.
Hoseok sneered.
Jin: And if there is anything you need to tell me, just let me know.
Meanwhile:
Tae: I won't give you the password!
Jimin punched him again.
Jimin: Look, buddy. Your friend isn't coming. And we'd like to get our punishment over with.
Tae: since when did you guys not ditch?!
Tae: No way are you calling Y/n! No!
This time, Yoongi slammer his head on the gym floor.
Tae howled in pain and jimin sneered
Jimin: That's going to bruise, shitthead!
Yoongi: do I give a damn? No.
Yoongi: Besides, we need him hurt.
Jimin: Huh? Why?
Yoongi: otherwise our contact won't cooperate.
Jimin: what contact?
Namjoon bursts into the gym: Tae!
Jimin smirks: I see.
Tae, who is on all foors, looks up, huffing.
Tae: Gosh darn.
Namjoon: Let him go!
Yoongi grabs Tae's hair, sits him up strait: Look, Namjoon, I'll give you a simple deal.
Namjoon: anything.
Tae: Dont trust him.
Yoongi: I'll let him go.
Yoongi: In exchange for Y/n's number.
Namjoon: Deal!
Tae: Namjoon no! Don't! He'll hurt her!
Namjoon takes out his phone: He's hurting you right now!
He gives Yoongi your number.
Yoongi: Great. Now, we still need to borrow your friend. you are welcome to wait outside.
Namjoon: Hey! We made a deal!
Jimin begins to push him towards the door. Namjoon yells for Tae to get up and run, but Tae won't budge.
Jimin pushes him outside, and pulls the metal bar on the gym doors, locking them all inside.
Yoongi: Now then. Let's call her up, shall we?
Tae: She won't come.
Jimin: Bullshit. She's got a soft spot for ya.
Tae: Y/n? Soft spot? Please.
Tae goes silent when he hears your voice.
You: Sorry, you've got the wrong number.
Yoongi: In the contrary.
Yoongi: We are all here to do our time except you.
You sneered: Thanks for the update. Don't need another.
Jimin: everyone's here.
You: I'm hanging up.
Jimin: Yoongi, Me, Taehyung....
You did not hang up, but you also did not speak.
Jimin: Come on, Tae! Speak up!
Jimin punched Tae in the stomach, and he coughed up blood.
Tae: Y/n don't come here! I'm totally good!
Yoongi locked his arm and he yelled in pain. You remained silent.
You wanted to hang up. But you could not bring yourself to do it. What was going on? Did you have a weakness?
Yoongi: Now that I gave your attention, I strongly advise you to come.
You immediately hang up.
Tae smiled through his bloody mouth: told you it wouldn't work.
But he was wrong. For 20 minutes after the call, you were banging on the gym doors. Jimin opened the door for you, and without saying a word, walked towards Tae, and draped his arm over your shoulder.
Jimin: Told you, it's a soft spot.
You sneered: It's not a soft spot. I just find it pathetic
Jimin lifted his fist up, but Yoongi held him.
Yoongi: How So?
You: There is a difference. Between us.
Jimin: Really? I highly doubt it.
You: You all. Are bullies. You pick fights cause you are bored because you have lost your purpose.
You: Then there are street fighters. Gangs. Who fight properly for a reason.
Tae: Y/n-Ah...
Yoongi: And that's you? A gang member?
You: Course. I hate when people like you pull this petty shit just to get what you want.
You: Because let me tell you, a real fighter. A real bully, in your terms, doesn't get phased by that.
Jimin: You're saying we are whimps?
You began to walk towards the door: I am saying that I am nothing like you. Grow up. Learn. Then come and provoke me.
Jimin scoffed: You think you aren't phased? If you weren't phased you wouldn't be here in the first place!
You: I'm just cleaning up after you.
Jimin: What? Clean up? I swear-
You- I mean you are amateurs at this, really.
Tae: Y/n don't push it they aren't as stupid as you think.
You knew. You knew darn well not to take them lightly. You had the sense, you could always tell. Hoseok and jimin were really amateurs.
But Yoongi seemed...different. He wasn't as strong, no, or skilled for that matter. Yet he was good at playing that game.
The game of tongue. The game Ether was known for. But you thought you were far better.
Jimin: Yah you think you're all tough?
Jimin: Lets see what you do when I give Taehyung another blow!
You kept walking: I wouldn't do that if I were you!
Jimin: Oh watch me, you think I'm some sort of joke?
You cackled: Does that laugh answer your question?
Jimin grabbed a ball.
Tae: Y/n duck!
But you kept walking towards the door.
Jimin drew his arm back to throw, but froze.
Yoongi: Yah, Ether.
You stood, frozen.
Yoongi cocked his head: That's you, isn't it?
Jimin dropped his arm: Yoongi you can't be serious. You brought her here. We did all this because you think she's the other half?
Yoongi: I am not wrong, right Y/n?
You did not move or speak.
Tae whirrled around: Nonsense! Y/n can't be Ether! Have you lost your mind?
Tae looked at you and shook your shoulder.
Tae: Y/n tell them they are wrong.
You did not answer.
Tae: Y/n-ah speak up please!
You flicked the hand Tae was shaking with you off.
Tae: It's not you...It can't....Is it really you?
You looked away from Tae. Tae slowly took away his arm that was drapped over your shoulder, and he took a step back.
Jimin: No fucking way. Both Ethers go to our school.
Yoongi: It seems as though it was completely by accident as well.
Tae: Why...you didn't have to go through...that...
You ignored him: How did you know.
Yoongi; Quite simple, really.
Yoongi: You're the only other bully that appeared quite recently. And for Jungkook to act in such a way had to be because of a change.
Yoongi: I am surprised Namjoon did not crack the code, however. Then again, Jimin, Tae, Hoseok, And I know the full you in and out of school.
Yoongi: The kids and Namjoon only know half of the story; The Jungkook half. And that was fed to them.
You: What do you want? My title? You can try, but you won't get it.
Yoongi: I beg to differ.
Yoongi pointed at your clenched fists: Open those up. You won't be able to play ball. We are on my court, yes?
Yoongi: So we will play it my way. No fists. Just a chat. You laughed. Yoongi did know more than you expected.
But he obviously did not know where your skills lay. Yes, you were good at combat. But acting tough was a cover.
Yoongi, however kept his strength side out in the open; he was good with words. You knew that.
But he did not know you were good at the game, and the surprise was the key.
You: Fine. But I request that we don't have any spectators.
You glared at Jimin.
Yoongi: Fair. Jimin, take Taehyung and yourself out of here.
Jimin: Fine by me.
Taehyung went with jimin without resisting. The entire time he had remained silent. You didn't want to, but you were worried. Had you ruined...your...friendship? Or whatever it was called. You shook the thought off your mind. No.
Let's play.