seven

CHAPTER SEVENmarcus' big mistake

CHAPTER SEVEN
marcus' big mistake

CARTER HADN'T EVEN made it to the first period by the time he was at least stopped a dozen times asking if he was okay. It would have been less annoying if it was by people he knew but there were so many people just coming up to him and he had never talked to him. He was just saying yes and then walking away by the third person. He didn't want to sound rude but honestly, it wasn't okay he wouldn't have gone to school.

People didn't even care about the game, which he would much rather talk about. He blamed Rosie, the girl had made a story on his Instagram and a tweet, asking people to be careful after the mugging. Then she thanked the local Queens for saving her brother. And thus, Carter wasn't surprised when dozens of people were coming up to him.

"Carter," Quinn stopped at his locker, she had already texted him, he had told her along with Ky and Zach, in a group chat and they all knew he was fine. They knew he didn't want to be babied. "Hi."

"Hi Quinn," Carter smiled, she made a face at his eye. She hadn't seen how bad the damage was. "Don't say anything, please."

"You're so ugly now," Zach appeared behind Quinn, placing his arm around her shoulder. Carter didn't question it, he knew that Quinn wasn't into Zach, nor any other guy on the planet.

"Thanks, man," Carter snorted, ignoring the pain that it caused, if he acted like the pain wasn't there, then maybe it would go away. Maybe not the best logic but Carter was convinced it would work.

"So Spider-Man saved you?" Quinn laughed, moving Zach's arm off of her so she could grab her textbook out of Carter's locker, she had left there because his locker was close to all of her classes than her locker.

"I don't wanna talk about that," Carter shook his head, slightly embarrassed. His dad was already annoyed with Rosie and Marcus enough for thanking Spider-Man during prayer. "Weirdest thing though, he was helping me grocery shop and then he calls me by name, I never told him my name though."

"Maybe he stalks you?" Zach gasped, Carter looked over at him, annoyed by the joke he was making out of the situation, that Carter was freaked out by.

"Who would want to stalk you?" Ky arrived, grimacing at the sight of Carter's face, which wasn't as bad as they were making it out to be but they loved teasing him, knowing that Carter was sort of obsessed with his looks.

"Spider-Man, he knew his name!" Quinn teased, Carter rolled his eyes again, shutting his locker. "Cause he doesn't remember introducing himself," before Carter could make it clear he knew he never told the man his name, someone walked up to him.