two

CHAPTER TWOrosie's rough day

CHAPTER TWO
rosie's rough day

ON MONDAY, AT lunch, Peter, Ned, MJ, Flash, and Marcus all sat together, going over the tests they received back. Peter had gotten nearly perfect, so had MJ, Ned was a mid ninety, and despite the nervous breakdown that Marcus had, the boy had a perfect score. When he saw it, he cried with joy, literally. Marcus had never been happier; he didn't even care when Flash attempted to mock him (Flash was just annoyed that he got an eighty-nine).

The other thing that made Marcus happy was his sister got a ninety-four. He beat his overly competitive sister for the first time in years in something she naturally excelled at. This was the best day of his life.

Ned was mentally drooling over Marcus, he was so into the boy it was almost extremely obvious. Right now everyone was staring at him so it helped cover Ned. Peter would glance over at his friend, remembering the days of him being like this with Liz (okay so like two months ago!).

"Carter Jonas," Flash mumbled, nudging Peter. The boy looked up and saw not only Carter but two of his friends. Flash had been in love with Rosie Carter since eighth grade and the fact that the most he had ever said to her was what's up and her not hear him was probably the best way to describe their nonexistent relationship. So, in an attempt to get closer to Rosie he tried to get into Carter's good books (which never worked). Carter had been known to be overprotective of both his siblings, his brother more so.

"Mark," Ned nudged his head to look behind him, Carter smiled at Ned and Peter before glancing over at MJ, he stumbled a little before sitting next to his brother, across from the girl. His friends sat closer to Flash.

"Carter? What's up?" Carter rarely checked up on his siblings during school unless something happened or he wanted something.

"Heard you beat Rosie, finally," Carter began picking at his brother's food, clearly this wasn't the conversation that Carter and his friends came over here for. They rolled their eyes, but like Carter, they preferred Marcus over Rosie.

Peter liked Rosie, she was determined but most people saw it was bitchy or bossy. Rosie just worked harder, Peter saw that. It took MJ explaining it to him but after she did, he saw her differently. However, Marcus' still have a difficult time too.

"Zachy," Carter pointed to one of his friends, the one waved without looking up from his phone, showing the other one a meme on Instagram. "Was thinking of throwing a party on Saturday but I work, trade with me?"

"No, ask Rosie for her Friday close," Marcus opened that day which was his dream shifts. Closings were hell plus it was supposed to be a warm night.

"You owe me for Friday," Carter frowned, pouting his lip as he looked at his brother. "You're gonna make Ky sad," Marcus looked over at Ky who was also pouting and it wasn't long until Zach joined in as well.