TWENTY-FIVE

Enjoy!!!

Bianca

I slowly opened my eyes and realised that my pain has disappeared and I gave a sign of relieve. I looked up and saw Ethan dozing, my head is on his thigh and his hand on my tummy. This is one of the position I love when we were together, I would put my head on his thigh and he would caress my hair which makes me feel so sleepy.

I looked at him again and I saw his head floating in the air. He's dozing big time and I tried not to laugh, I couldn't help the laughing gas in me so I slightly chuckled and his eyes flung open and look at me. I covered my mouth with my hands as I stared at him awkwardly.

"I wasn't dozing" he said

"I never said you are" I replied and I fought the urge not to laugh.

He cleared his throat. "Maybe we should be on our way" he said in his bossy tone and I checked the time.

"It's just 5am sir" I said

"The earlier the better" he replied and turned to leave.

"Ethan!" I called and he turned to look at me and furrowed his brow.

"Errr... I mean Mr Wellington!" I called awkwardly. "Thank you" I said and he nodded and left.

I packed my things and headed out. His chauffeur opened the door for me and i entered, I saw him sitting at the other side, I sat and closed the door. Alex drove us to the airport and we flew back to Lagos.

***

I went home first and freshen up before preparing for work. I remembered that I've not called Darlington in days, he called during the meeting yesterday but I couldn't pick.

"Hey Darlington" I greeted

"How are you sweetie?" He asked and I answered

"I'm fine, I'm sorry I didn't pick your call yesterday, I was in a meeting" I said.

"Chioma told me you are in Abuja" he asked and I suddenly felt guilty, I didn't remember to inform him about my trip to Abuja.

"Actually I'm back, left two days ago, I'm sorry i didn't inform you" I apologized

"It's fine, I knew you forgot" he said. "What did you go there for?" He asked

"A meeting" I replied

"With Ethan?" He asked

"Yes"

"Okay" he said but I know it's not okay with him, since I told him about Ethan, he has been feeling insecure.

"I'm going to the theatre room now, I'll call you later" he said and hung up.

I went to work and I called, the printing press and they assured me they will be done in few days time. I called a famous event planner for the decoration and for the Nigerian dish, I called different chefs from different countries, since the will be guests from different countries. Some requested to meet me first which I know it's not going to be easy.

I got a call from my intercom and I went to Ethan's office.

"What's my schedule for today?" He asked and as I was about telling him, Valerie barged in.

"What's wrong with you Ethan?" She asked angrily and i turned to leave.

"I've not dismissed you yet" Ethan said sternly and I stayed. "What is it Valerie?" He asked in his cool sweet voice.

"Why did you do that in front of my parents? And what's that bullshit you told me on phone?" She asked

"Calm down and let's leave that for another day, do you want to go somewhere?" He asked Valerie and her face lit up.