Chapter 3

Author's Note: The sunsets are quite beautiful right now! But I know they are caused by smoke... So I included that!!!! I am so excited for this story and I think you guys will enjoy it! And thank you so much for reading it!!!! Here is the new chapter:

Astrid's POV

I had been blown out of my mind. With news that I was an ELF!! An elf!! And that does not fare well in my mind. No matter how many surprises I get, it still surprises me. Even with Hiccup being the Dragon Master! I still can't believe it! And Hiccup discovers new things all the time. I do not know if I am going to be able to wrap my mind around this... I hope I can... cause I feel like something is coming but I don't know what.

I finally had gotten ready and calmed myself down enough to walk out of my house and jump on Stormfly. Stormfly was my rock. She would be there for me. Hiccup can't be there for me all the time... not yet at least... I want him to be there though... and when that day comes, I will have Hiccup, Toothless, and Stormfly. Stormfly flew over the clouds and wove up and down in them. The ride was so relaxing to me. It was like I could breathe again. I was free of everything that was holding me back.

But that has to end right. Life has been okay so far. I intend to change that. I want to have a great life and be with Hiccup. But this new elf thing... I think it has changed everything... there is a whole other species out!

I veered Stormfly back to Berk and landed near the Great Hall. Hiccup was usually there talking about different matters concerning the island and the people. Hiccup was also the master of solving problems, so many problems were fixed every week. The island of Berk was advanced in almost every way possible now. It was ahead of almost all the other tribes/groups in the archipelago. I was proud. Extremely proud. Of Hiccup and a Toothless. Of everyone else as well. As I got off Stormfly, Valka walked toward me.

"Hello, Astrid!" she said.

I smiled. "Hey, Valka!"

Valka smiled back. "Astrid, I wanted to see how you were doing... I know a lot has been on your mind of late."

I laughed. "A lot has been on my mind! A lot!! And Hiccup can't exactly help me with it right now..."

"I know, Astrid... but I am here too," Valka said quietly, almost in a whisper. She put her arm around my shoulders and guided me to the Great Hall entrance. "You can talk to me whenever you want. You know that, right?"

I grinned. "I know. I think I should see Hiccup though. I need to talk to him."

Almost the instant the door slammed out of me, Hiccup was barreling toward me. He ran and grabbed me in a giant hug. "Astrid!" he said. "I am so glad to see you!"

I laughed quietly. "I was quite surprised by the welcoming though. Are you the only one here?"

Hiccup nodded and said, "Well... sort of... Toothless is in here somewhere..."

I turned around to see Toothless's head poking out of the top of a barrel that we used to store fish in. I laughed even harder than last time. "I think he got into some of our fish storage!" I said in between laughs.

Hiccup chuckled and said, "Toothless!" with his usual tone when Toothless did something, like when Toothless gets saliva on him. I am still not sure that Toothless understands that saliva does not come out. But by now, Hiccup has learned that and has upgraded his clothes to withstand the sting of the saliva. Hiccup does solve everything with a Hiccup touch as well. So everything here sort of has his signature style... I don't know exactly how to describe it. But he did it to the whole island. He is amazing. He truly is a Master. Not of just dragons though... he is more than that... Master of being a Chief... Master of solving problems... Master of unique flair... Master of Flying... Master of Training... I could go on forever! He nevers ceases to amaze me!!! I hope though that I can do the same for him. 

Hiccup turned around and saw me staring at him. His expression turned to one of confusion. "Astrid? What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing is wrong! I was... just thinking... about everything..."

Hiccup sighed. "Astrid, I know this is a lot to take in... but I want you to embrace it!"

I gave Hiccup a weak smile. "I am trying."

He sighed again and looked me deeply in the eyes. "Do not forget that we are still Vikings and Dragon Riders. We are still members of this tribe. We belong here... but we are elves too and we must consider that now... things are changing... for the better... and I don't want you to have bad feelings about it..."

"Why?" I whispered. 

Hiccup looked at me again. His eyes flickered over my face. "Because... I want you to feel good about it..."

"I do!" I said frantically. "And what else?"

"I care about you! And... well... the elves need our help..." Hiccup whispered in an anxious tone.

I turned away from Hiccup and sat down on one of the benches next to the table. "I have accepted the fact that I am an elf and I am ready to face it!"

Hiccup let out a breath of relief. "Good. I was worried again."

A voice sounded from the entrance of the Great Hall. "Yes, that definitely is a relief, Lady Astrid."

I turned around and gasped. A figure stood near the entrance wearing a cape. The figure walked forward until the face was lit up by the light of the lanterns in the Great Hall. It was a man. He wore a sliver cape with a clasp that looked like a key. The clothes beneath the cape were extremely fancy. He was handsome and young as well.

"Who are you?" I asked. My hands shook a little with excitement and nervousness. 

Hiccup looked at me. "I know who he is. But I think he should tell you."

The man with the silver cape looked at me.  "I am an elf. My name is Councillor Bronte."

It is Bronte!!!!! What do you guys think??? I am now really excited for this book! Get excited because this is going to get a whole lot more interesting!!! Thank you for reading!!!