A Little Help From A Friend

Start from the beginning

The ring of your telephone snapped you out of your thoughts. Looking at the caller ID it read "home."

"Hello? Jungkook? Is everything ok?" You frantically answered.

"Y/n. It's-its really cold in here. How do I make it warmer?"

You felt a ton of bricks being lifted off of your shoulders. Sighing in relief, you told him where the thermostat was and how to use it.

"Thanks." Jungkook softly whispered into the other end of the phone.

"No problem Jungkook. I'll see you in an hour or so, ok?"

"Yeah, goodbye y/n."

"Goodbye Jungkook." You apprehensively hung up the phone.

It felt good to hear his voice and that he was still ok.

Back in your apartment, he wasn't really cold or anything. You had told him you would call during the day, and not hearing from you had worried him.

He didn't want to admit it, but, he was scared to be alone. Finding you, or you finding him rather, was just plain luck. But, he was glad it was you rather then anyone else.

He thought that maybe, just maybe, he could trust you. From what you've shown him so far, your words held meaning. He didn't want to let that go.

Not yet anyway.

After work you took the bus home and cursed the driver for driving what seemed like extra slow today.

You wanted to see Jungkook as soon as you could, excited to give him his new clothes.

Maybe you were just excited to see him.

Arriving to your building finally, you raced to the elevator, after reciting a quick hello to the security guard.

"I wonder how he did by himself today. I hope he didn't wreck the place. He sounded kinda sleepy on the phone though. I mean he is still recovering."

You shook off your thoughts when the elevator rang, queuing it stopped at your floor.

You swiftly glided towards your home, shopping bags in tow, and opened the door.

"Jungkook, I'm home!" You said excitedly, slipping your shoes off.

You hung your jacket quickly and brought your shopping bags into the living room.

You heard a few thumps, sounding something like running. A few seconds later, you turn your head to see Jungkook sliding towards you.

"Y/n! Your home!"

Looking at the boy his ears were perky, tail waving back and fourth.

He looked...excited?

"Yeah, I got you some clothes!" You said handing them to the feline. "Go try them on."

His cat-eyes widened, grabbing the bags swiftly, making his way towards the guest room.

You had gotten him clothes. Nice new clean clothes. And they fit perfectly. He doesn't remember the last time he had been this happy to receive something.

He figured it was because for the past week his clothes had either been ripped, tattered, and bloody, or not his.

Looking at himself in the mirror, he realized you had good taste. You had gotten him a few white and black T-shirts, and black and blue jeans. You had even gotten him two pairs of shoes. Tims and plain black converse.