A Little Help From A Friend

Start from the beginning

A short pause after you spoke, Jungkook was quick to respond.

"I have to stay here by myself? But what if someone comes to the door or something? What if someone sees me? What if-"

You cut him off before he could ramble any further.

"Jungkook. As long as you don't leave the apartment nothings going to happen. If someone happens to knock, which isn't likely, then just ignore it." You said walking over to the sink and throwing your dishes into it.

He gulped and slowly started to pick at his food. You could tell he was nervous but didn't really know what else to say.

"Listen, if I don't show up for work out of no where, wouldn't that make it more suspicious?"

He looked up at you and nodded slightly, agreeing.

"Ok I'm going now...I'll see you tonight. I'll call you later to check in. You know how to use the phone right?"

He nodded again, looking you up and down. You were already dressed in your normal work attire. A white pencil skirt and a black button up shirt, the top few buttons undone.

He scrunched his eyebrows, and lifted his ears in curiosity. You could tell he was thinking to himself.

Before walking out the door, you trotted over to Jungkook and put your finger in the middle of his forehead as he had done.

"Hey, you'll be fine ok?"

He looked up at you and saw your reassuring smile and couldn't help but to believe you. Grabbing your hand, he brought it down off of his head and onto his lap.

He took a moment to take in your features. Your long hair was framing your small face and you had a bit of makeup on. It was different from how you looked the last few days, having only seen you in sweatpants and barefaced.

"Ok." He said in a whisper, letting go of your hand.

You smiled satisfied and grabbed your dress suit jacket and shoes, leaving the apartment saying a quick goodbye to Jungkook.

His warm touch lingered on your fingertips the whole way to work. His midnight black fringe that almost covered his large dark eyes were so close you could almost see the individual strands and where they began.

"Hey y/n! How was your extended weekend?" Looking ahead, you see your senior Jin walking into the elevator with you.

"Jin! Hey! Um it was pretty normal. You know, the usual..."

Great job at being inconspicuous y/n.

A giggle to your left snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Oh! By the way! Thank you for letting me use your umbrella. I actually broke it...but I bought you another one!" You said taking a brand new one out from under your arm and handing it to the elder.

You were lying, having left it in the alleyway you found Jungkook in. A little white lie never hurt anyone though.

"Oh! You didn't have to y/n! That was so nice of you!" He replied with a beaming smile, gently taking the new midnight blue umbrella from your grasp.

It was already almost 4 o'clock. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. You had bought a few new clothes for Jungkook to wear. Ones that were specifically made for hybrids.

You thought shopping would make you feel better, but, you just couldn't get the thought of Jungkook out of your head. Would he really be ok on his own? What if he leaves the apartment? He would be done for. So would you.