Chapter # 52

Unedited.

Sumbul's POV:

My ears perked as soon as Ehtesham Bhai mentioned Maliha's Api name. Since Apiya and I overheard her the other day, I couldn't help being cautious. Maliha Api is an extremely selfish jealous girl. Therefore, I asked Asaaf to keep an eye on her, which he gladly did when I told him about the situation. Right now, I wanted to call Asaaf but Haider's Bhai presence stopped me from it.

"Sumbul, please help Taha before he destroys his clothes." I quickly turned to Taha who was trying to insert the straw into the juice pack.

"Let me help you with this." I offered him help which he gladly took.

"I told her not to go out of the sight." Grumbled Haider Bhai after a while.

I think she did the right thing...

"Sumbul. Finish your food, we are leaving as soon as Apiya comes back." He said glaring at the place where she went.

"Bhai, aren't you going to eat?" I asked.

"I lost my appetite."

"Then why don't we ask them to pack our food. Apiya wouldn't eat too." He nodded turning his head to look for a waiter.

I also want to run away from here. Haider Bhai is becoming more like Nuwair Bhai day by day and his anger is quite scary. I don't know about Apiya, but handling him would be out of my hand.

Within the next ten minutes, we were leaving our seats. Haider Bhai went to car parking with Sadaf while I was told to wait for Apiya. But instead of standing in one place, I started to check out where Apiya was. Holding Taha's hand my eyes searching for her when I saw Maliha Api walking briskly towards the exit.

What is she doing here???

I stared at her in shock until she was out of my sight.

What's going on here???

I quickly took out my phone and called Apiya, which she quickly pick and told me to wait where I was. Within two or three minutes she was standing before me with a scowl on her face.

I have a bad feeling about this...

"...Apiya, Haider Bhai is waiting outside."

"Okay, let's get." She grabbed my hand and start dragging me outside.

All the way back to the house and even later none of us bring up the topic of Ehtesham Bhai like a silent agreement has been made to remain silent. As soon as I got the chance I ask all the details of Maliha Api's activities from Asaaf and he reported everything like a pro-spy. I was quite surprised only until the moment when he told me that he spent all his day today playing Xbox, therefore, he cannot say anything about today. I wanted to rub his face against the wall at that time but refrain from doing so. I need him now because he is the only one who can stick around with Maliha Api if being asked.

Before going to sleep I peeked inside Apiya's room. Unlike any other day, she wasn't talking to Sheheryar Bhai over the phone but staring into space while holding it.

"Apiya?" I said coming inside the room, "Is there something wrong?"

"No, not at all." She put her phone aside, "I am unable to contact Sheheryar." She sighed.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Both of his numbers are switched off."

"Oh, have you tried calling home on landline number?"

"Hm, Kaka received the call."

"What he said?"

"Sheheryar told him that he is going out of town for some urgent business."