Chapter#9

Not edited.

Fiza's POV:

"Happy Birthday dear." I was embraced by warm arms.

"I thought you would not come." I put my head on his chest.

"How can I miss my baby girl's birthday." He said and placed a kiss on my head.

"I told you not to wish me on this day. I hate my birthday." I said pulling myself back from him.

"And I told you that no matter what you say I will always celebrate the day when Allah gifted me with the most beautiful baby doll in the world." He put the flower bouquet on my head and holds it until I didn't accept it.

"This doll snatched your mother away from you." I said taking the bouquet.

That's right, I was the cause of my Ami's death. She died while giving birth to me.

"No, you didn't. Her time here was over, so she left. Now come on, no more sad faces. I didn't come here to see your ugly crying face." He said jokingly poking a finger on my cheek.

'My ugly wife' Out of nowhere Ehtesham words echoed in my mind.

"If I am not mistaken they are Sadaf and Taha right?" His made me come back to my senses and I follow his gaze. Both Taha and Sadaf were peeking out from the car's window. I couldn't stop myself from chuckling when Sadaf hid and dragged inside Taha when she saw me watching.

"Yes, they are the kids." I told him.

"Sadaf, Taha come here quick." I shouted and Taha jumped out of the car first.

Even with his tiny feet, he was faster than Sadaf and when she looked at him reaching before her, she also fastens her pace. Still unable to reach before him she got jealous and punched Taha's arm.

Not this again...

I quickly pick up Taha in my arm before he could react because he never cries on Sadaf's attacks but tends to revenge on her, which was quite disastrous. He not only pulls her hairs but didn't stop until she starts crying. Even after coming in my arm, he kept struggling to get down so he could hit her.

"Taha, don't. You're a good boy and a good boy don't fight. Sadaf didn't I tell you not to hit your little brother." I scolded them. Sadaf lower head and tears start hitting the ground.

Abe Yar...

"Fiza look what have you done. You made a princess cry." Nuwair crouched down and starched out his hand to Sadaf.

"Asslam o Alaikum. I am Nuwair. What is your name princess?"

Since when he become so polite towards kids???

I looked at big brother in utter shock.

"Sadaf!" She replied sniffing and shakes hand with him.

"Ary! That's a very pretty name. So tell me Sadaf do you like ice cream?" He asked and she abruptly noded.

"Then come with me. We are going to eat ice cream." He said picking her up and starts walking towards his car. I blink my eyes, again and again, unable to believe what I was watching.

"Ami." I came back to earth on Taha's voice.

"Hm? Oh." I quickly walked to the car and sit in the passenger seat.

~*~

Ehtesham POV:

Coming home and greeted by silence was the best thing. I was really thankful to Fiza for giving me this luxury after Taimoor's death. It isn't like I hate kids and their responsibilities but I want some time to myself. Suddenly life moved so fast and I lost everything, like sand slips from hands. I lost my loving little brother, his wife who was dear to me as Taimoor. My bachelor life and my freedom.