Chapter # 23

Not Edited.

Fiza' POV:

"Ami..." As I stepped into the house, Taha came running to me with a red face and teary eyes. I quickly scoop him into my arms.

"What is wrong Ami ki Jan (mother's life)." I patted his back.

"He starts crying when he didn't find you after waking up. You should've taken him with you or at least told us how to deal with him. He wouldn't listen no matter what." Asaaf sighed.

"Sorry." I said to him and start walking towards my room.

"Aap ro rahe the? (You were crying?)" Taha nodded his head in response.

"Why were you crying?" This time instead of answering me he buried nuzzle his face in my neck.

"Brave kids don't cry. They are very very strong, just like my Taha." As I enter my room, Sumbul also came inside just after, holding a tray of breakfast for Taha.

"Where is mine?" I asked.

"I didn't know you would be coming so soon. I'll ask someone to bring your breakfast too."

"Have you eaten?"

"Not yet."

"Then we will eat together."

"Oh, okay." She sat on the bed and I take Taha to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"Why were you crying Apiya?" Sumbul asked out of nowhere when I come back to the room.

"Huh?... I wasn't."

How does she know...?

"Apiya you could've fooled others but not me. I know you too well."

"I am not fooling anyone yar. Just missing Dada Abu (Father's father)." I lied to avoid her further inquiry.

~*~

Yesterday went very busy after coming from home and for a while, I was able to forget what I witnessed, but only for a while. Everything that happened in the morning replayed like a movie in my mind when Ehtesham came from job to be a part of prayer held for Dada Abu and then I lost it, I cried my eyes out during prayer, so much that even Baba Jani got worried and Taha also start crying because watching me cry. I thank Allah in the heart that yesterday was Dada Abu's death anniversary, or I wouldn't be able to get away with a simple reason that I miss Dada Abu.

After crying for more than an hour with my head on Baba Jani's lap after so long, I was able to calm down. After dinner, Ehtesham asked me to pack my and kids stuff so we could take our leave. But I refused to go with him, I needed some time alone and that's exactly what I told him.

My family didn't like rejecting Ehtesham in such a way, but the surety that they would've hated the fact more if I told them what happened, made to remain on my decision. But I couldn't run long from Ehtesham, therefore I decided to go home tomorrow morning since today Sheheryar has taken kids today instead of tomorrow, I thought of staying here a day more. Before I go back to my so-called home.

~*~

Mazhar Salam's POV:

"I wonder why kids think that their elders are blind and can easily be fooled by their lies." I said out loud, gaining the attention of Nazia who was hanging her clothes.

"What Asaaf did now?" Asked Nazia.

"My son may be mischievous but he doesn't do something to cause me worry." I said staring into space. The newspaper in my hand is folded, hiding the information I don't want Nazia to see.